well ive stripped the rear of my car.

Silent Smith

Jerk.
Nov 30, 2005
Mississauga
Could be wiring for factory subs?...

If you end up finding a decent shop or decide to go through with doing yours let me know. I have to do mine and seeing how your doing it or giving you a hand will probably help me on mine.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
instead of taking out the rear stuff you should pull your int. out and remove the sound deading you will lose about 46lbs just by doing this. believe me i did it. and its not that hard i used a brick hammer

BTZ

Apr 5, 2005
Burnaby
I dont remember my 86.5 having sound deadining material just below the rear speakers. strange....

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Cryo,
If your rusted area is the wheelwells, use metal instead of fibreglass. Reason being is that fibreglass will shatter is your tire tosses a rock whereas metal will bend.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
i pulled the computer cable out. it was really loose. soo as it came out i knew why. i thought i broke it but it was cut at the end... now ill never find out where it went ...

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i believe that's for a car phone. my car had it, and it also had four holes drilled in the passenger side dash, near where the passenger's left knee would rest against the center section. those four holes are the mounting points of the carphone. (i no longer have them, as i switched dashboards) and a supra in a junkyard near me has them, and still has the phone... well, before it got crushed anyway...

-shaeff