Weddings: Who else got suckered?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Anyone else going through the BS of wedding planning ATM?

If I have to tell my fiance I don't care what color the effing ribbons on the flowers are, I'll freaking scream.

I guess this is what I get for telling her it was my day too. :icon_conf

But seriously, anyone else getting married in the half-near future?

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
My mom, who is a semi-hardcore Catholic, nearly shit herself when I jokingly said I'd be married by Elvis in a drive-thru chapel in Vegas.

So traumatized was I by my so-called joke backfiring on me, I never mentioned anything like it again.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Wedding planning sucks. It takes for ever, costs waaayyyy too much, and people get all weird and hurt over stupid things.

Marriage is the best. Well, if you're wife is your best friend it is. Survive the wedding planning, enjoy the honeymoon, work hard for a while and then enjoy it getting better every year.

As for stupid details like ribbons on flowers? This is training, my man. You wouldn't believe the things women go on about and it takes being married to one to find out. My dad used to do this sigh while saying "Jesus Christ" under his breath when my mom would go on about something he (and usually I) thought was pointless/obsessive/etc. A few years ago I pulled him aside to tell him that I now understood exactly what that was all about and he told me, "yup, they all go to the same school and they all graduate with honors." If it doesn't drive you crazy, then you just gotta love them for it. ;)

PimpiNJ253

Supraless
Sep 15, 2006
Kent, Washington
www.myspace.com
DreamerTheresa said:
My mom, who is a semi-hardcore Catholic, nearly shit herself when I jokingly said I'd be married by Elvis in a drive-thru chapel in Vegas.

So traumatized was I by my so-called joke backfiring on me, I never mentioned anything like it again.

Your first post, and its not about Supras huh? BTW I didnt really get the first part of the second part.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
hell i loved my wedding, came in off the road, went to courthouse, slipped a judge a little "present" for waiving the waiting period, got it done right there and then, lunch at mickey d's, quickie in the truck sleeper, and back down the road i went.

what can i say, i'm a hopeless romantic.

oh our anniversary was last week, she didn't know either, untill she came across the papers while hunting for the insurance cards during my little health incident the other day

girliesupra

Still a newbie =)
Jul 27, 2006
St. Louis
www.myspace.com
I dont understand the big deal w/ all the wedding planning. Its about the 2 people uniting not how big the event is. The only regret I have for a small wedding is not having all the pictures to remember the day. But I have the man and the memories and that's really all that counts!

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I must admit, the second wedding was a lot better for both of us.

We'd both been married before, I had the ultra-small wedding with my X, she'd had the huge family affair with her's, we settled on something in the middle - threw a party for our friends and family, told everyone they were welcome to come if they liked, and it turned out awesome.

The ribbons, color of this, that, and the other thing, all stem from the stupid belief pounded into girls from the time they can speak that their wedding day will be the best day of their life. They look forward to it and dream about it until it comes, and it had better be perfect when it finally rolls around.

IMO the best thing you can do in that situation is tell them you don't care - and then work to make them believe it. Stay out of the discussions, agree to wear any color tie / cummerbund / socks / boxers they want, and make damn sure you tell her it was the best wedding you've ever seen. Lie if you have to, gents, you can beg for forgiveness in confession later.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
swaq said:
I'm currently engaged with 11 months to go till the wedding. Not too much pressure, yet...

Congrats, have fun with that one.:biglaugh:

AAron did get punked.. but then we all shut up when we need his help

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I'm marrying 2 of my best friends, I'm getting the license thing and everything. Gonna be funny. Either All Black tux with red or white tie. or all White tux with a red or black tie.