Virginia Tech Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Yea, well they had those avatars well before any of this happened. You actually went out of your way to put that avatar up. That's not cool

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
flight doc89 said:
sure reminds me of a bunch of peoples avatars here. I'm surprised peple haven't started bitching about your avatars already.
Now, i don't want you to have to remove your avatars, just don't go off-topic bitching about mine. I received ONE pm from somebody upset about it, the rest of you coulda done the same.

Try a better arguement. You know just as well as I do the difference between your avatar and everyone else's holding a gun. Don't play dumb.

Why the hell would you want an avatar of a guy who just murdered over 30 people? Like you weren't expecting anyone to give you shit about it.

If this was the attention you were expecting to get, then congratulations. You got it.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
DreamerTheresa said:
Jesus fucking christ. If you're afraid of our avatars, do yourself and the rest of us a favor and lock yourself in your crib with your baby rattle and never come out again.

+1 for DT....well put

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
bigaaron said:
But if you can't see how impressionable young people see you, and possibly think it is cool to have a gun and point it at people, then who is out of touch? What guns have to do with Toyota Supras I have no idea. It's a great avitar for www.gunsandamo.com or something, and I can appreciate your stance on gun control laws, but I really don't like seeing someone point a gun at me every time I go online.

I'm not here to be a role model. If your kid is so impressionable that a 1" x 1" photograph influences them to point a gun at someone, then you have completely failed as a parent, your kid is fucked up and it should be locked up, because it's a threat to everyone around it.

And while I'm at it, nobody is pointing a gun at your head. Back in the 1920's some aboriginal tribesmen made the mistake that photo's might be real, or might contain the soul. They had an excuse. You don't. If you don't know the difference between a picture and reality, get the fuck of the Internet.

God this place is filled with fucking candy assed little children... I'm getting really tired of it.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Take it easier.... No need to start bashing and insulting anyone. I personally don't like it too much either, when ''just a pic'' points a gun at me every time and always as I read your posts.
But if you like it, then why not.

Last edited:

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
alright, people, we all know my other post was bullshit.

I don't think that the VTech killer is cool, or funny, or good or anything. i just think that it's life, and life is shit. i DO feel sorry for his victims, but i also pity that fucker that killed them. Call me what you will, but i pity that fucker.

I love america, but I fucking hate most americans. they get so absorbed in the little emotional things that they ignore the more important things in life. This shit in VA is frontpage news for weeks, and yes, it was horrific, but it is OVER. We still have drunk drivers slaughtering thousands of other men, women, and children of all ages. christ, we still have SOBER drivers slaughtering thousands because they don't have the capacity to drive, and yet all that matters is a little korean guy who went and killed a bunch of people? fuck, the guy is dead, let it go. let those people rest in peace. don't pray for them, it's too late for that now.

I'm sorry i pissed you all off, i just think differently from everyone. I don't dwell on the past.
My avatar was a statement that i didn't fear the fucker or his kind, and neither should you people.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Yea, I apologize for that. I'm from VA and my twin bro graduated from there in 04'. So, I'm loyal to VT and when I see something like this happen, it kinda hit me.

Let's get this back on topic.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
starscream5000 said:
Thread failure approaching...
It's not really possible to keep a thread like this going but for so long, so many conflicting view points.

I personally agree with flight doc in the car accident comment. Death is a part of life, tragic shit happens and doesn't even make the news. News is all about ratings, though. Damn shame the media bastardizes everything.

Needless to say, the VT incident pissed me off. Not only because some kid shoots up the school that many of my friends go to, but because the media came in and, after only a few hours, starts pointing fingers. "It's the school's fault, it's the police's fault, it's the President's fault" etc.

On the other hand, YES it's over now, YES serious shit happens elsewhere, but think of how many people are affected by this one event in comparison to all the others. This event effected the entire nation, as well as a few other countries. Think about it.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
threadfail.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.