Virginia Tech Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
Ric said:
holy shit what a bunch of poor excuses for human beings.. some girl committed suicide and jumped off a building to "escape".

If your going to kill yourself, at least attack the guy with the gun. Is this the no backbone school?

I'm turning the news off i'm too mad. Im so sorry for this tragic event to happen, and my condolences to the familys.

Well its easy to say oh well if I'm going to die imma charge the shooter hopefully to stop him.
You don't know what her situation was. She was probably hearing Loud ass Sirens, People yelling, gun shots, people running and panicing.....
Especially for a girl to go through this(not trying to be sexist at all just my opinion) i don't blame her for trying to jump if indeed that was the circumstances.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
To those saying they should have jumped the guy:

If a group of people attacks a gunman, if the gunman is any kind of shot, the first few to attack will be killed.

If I was there I'd gladly attack the asshole, but I doubt I would have the courage to be the first in the line of fire.

If he lines up a group and shoots them execution style, I'm charging the motherfucker no matter what. It all depends on the circumstance.

I'm just saying dont call the victims here "pussies" until we know exactly what happened.

**EDIT oh and to all the vitims and their families, my condolances. Its sad a person could justify doing this.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
Jason Piatt.. I know that guy! :p I basically was wondering exactly what the police were doing those two hours while I was at school today. VT's had a tough year -- the first day of classes were canceled because of that convict that had escaped and "overpowered" a cop or whatever. To think VT's campus police are infamous for getting in everyone's way, but they can't do anything to prevent this sort of thing. Failure.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Watching CNN and the reporters are fucking idiots.

It doesn't seem many of them have ever been to a college campus. You can't just freeze a university on command, jesus christ. I'd be impressed if they could get 50% of students in lock-down within an hour.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Columbine (sp?) doesn't have shit on this shooting guys, this is the largest school shooting in our nation's history.... This is a sad place we live in nowadays :3d_frown:.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
suprarx7nut said:
Watching CNN and the reporters are fucking idiots.

It doesn't seem many of them have ever been to a college campus. You can't just freeze a university on command, jesus christ. I'd be impressed if they could get 50% of students in lock-down within an hour.
The press is full of jerks.

starscream, I was thinking that to myself today. What a pitiful kid.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
things like this just piss me off. I own a gun, but not once do I ever consider doing some unthinkable act such as that. its just wrong. none of those people deserved that.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
wow this is sad news. I almost went to this school but at the last second turned their offer down to go elsewhere.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Sad news, but could have been prevented or at least less numbers.

This ass clown:

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/2007/04/guns_dont_kill_but_they_make_k.html

And I wrote to him:

Jon the NRA Gun Guy said:
The gun didn't allow him to kill 22 people - not having armed, licensed and trained students and teachers let him kill 22 people.

When are you anti-gun communists going to come to the cold hard fact that laws aren't stone?

Laws don't lock the door.

Laws aren't metal detectors.

Laws aren't a magical bullet proof vest.

Laws aren't a little safety pixie that follows you around with "safety soft dust."

They never have been, and they won't become.

Throw Law all day long at a criminal.

In the end, they will still shoot you.

An armed, LAW ABIDING LICENSED TEACHER OR STUDENT could have saved several lives today.

Mind you, you make the ASSumption that LICENSED ARMED STUDENTS OR TEACHERS would have been in a panic or frantic state.

How well do you know all of the students on campus?

Do you know for a fact that all of them would have been in a lemming state of mass confusion shooting at any thing that moved?

200 for a death toll?

Which BS anti-gun, pro Clinton, British Communism rock did you crawl from under?

Two hundred rounds using pistols?

Hell, 300 rounds providing he's a good shot.

Id like to see you tote 300 rounds yourself and see how far you make it.

Writers like you need to be shipped off across the big pond.

Write all you’d like about anti gun laws over there.

That writer is a complete douche bag.

My prayers to the families of students.....

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
One of my best friends goes there.
He's one of the funniest people I know, always joking around, always there to make you laugh, always outgoing and saying whats on his mind just to make people happy. I called him today (he was alright thank god) and it felt like I was talking to an answering machine. He was so serious and quiet it felt like I was talking to a different person. I was real relieved when I heard he was alright but he didn't even know where some of his friends were, and if they were still alive.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
The sad fact is that this is happening more in more often in America. When it does, are the schools and students and faculty prepared? They sure as hell aren't in Indiana. An alert is issued (ours goes over our bell system, along with our fire alarm and tornado warning) called a code blue. At that point, all classrooms drop what they're doing, shut off the lights, close the blinds and back into a corner. That's all fine for a drill, but this isn't some third world country. Random terrorists don't walk into our schools and start shooting. It's almost always a student, and a student would know the drill. Sure, the doors are locked, with a large thin glass window in them. Even if you weren't a student, if you're smarter than a cow you'll see the four parking lots and all surrounding streets lined with cars and realize what's going on. Once an attacker is in the room, you're fucked. Far away from the door with an armed individual in the way. Even if you could get to the windows, they're locked and your average student wouldn't be able to throw themselves through them. Great job Indiana, you just got everyone killed. I'm sure other states either do nothing or have a similarly ineffective and poorly thought out plan. Personally, I'm going out the window. Two story drop, maybe a broken leg, or trapped in a room with a gunmen? Easy choice for me. But what are our governing bodies doing to solve this? Passing anti-gun laws? I'm sure that 17 year old kid that went ape shit with an AK had a permit. Of course he did. Why would a murderer break the law?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
reports as of 5 pm were 32 dead, with 28-29 hospitalized around the area. 5 people i know are alright, one of them was helping carry out the wounded. anyone have a link to the cell video that someone took, or is it posted earlier in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.