Trying to Solve Fuel cut - at wits end - this one will stump you

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Armando, I know it's not much, but if you need an extra hand, give me a call and I'll help out or PM and lmk when you want help.

(812)614-3697

I know w/ the last minute type stuff, sometimes an extra hand would help a ton.

I work 8-4 so could possibly be to you by 6-ish... Just something to keep in mind. :icon_bigg

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
mkiiSupraMan18;1012134 said:
Armando, I know it's not much, but if you need an extra hand, give me a call and I'll help out or PM and lmk when you want help.

(812)614-3697

I know w/ the last minute type stuff, sometimes an extra hand would help a ton.

I work 8-4 so could possibly be to you by 6-ish... Just something to keep in mind. :icon_bigg

John.... STFU and give me your AAA card. :)

Matt, no problem man, Jeff is already heading down with me, so if you want to come along Im fine with that as well, extra hands are good if theyre all working. Jeffs coming along though, so I already know that wont be happening. hehehe

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
were leaving my shop on the east side of town at 5 or so. then headng to quins to try to get his dp off but im pretty hyped about plan B so i wont be trying very hard... then going to mdc. sounds like getting out of shopping might hurt the marriage...

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
I wouldn't waste too much time at Quinns Armando.

I still have a full big mouth 3" JBLMK3 elbow here if you REALLY wanted to try saving the internal gate setup.

Lets get you down here asap so I can go to bed at a decent hour.

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
thats the plan then.

MDCmotorsports;1012857 said:
I wouldn't waste too much time at Quinns Armando.

I still have a full big mouth 3" JBLMK3 elbow here if you REALLY wanted to try saving the internal gate setup.

Lets get you down here asap so I can go to bed at a decent hour.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I dunno who Quinn is, but I'm pretty sure the only way to get my elbow off is to pull the turbo off. I could get at least one side off if I didn't have a bunch of random hoses in the way, but the other side of it is not possible. I couldn't get a wrench on it, let alone try and turn it lol

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
yeah I was stuck by the side of the road when I posted that on my phone so I was pissed and my phone was acting up = vague message. Plus Im convinced that Jeff shouldnt be allowed to ride in other peoples Supras, they tend to break when he's close by. I think its something about the Japanese and the Koreans not getting along or something. :)

We were heading down to MDC and not even halfway there I go to show Jeff how the car boosts with the wastegate open and after I let off it sounded like I had left a bunch of tools in the engine bay... so we pull off into a gas station at the whiteland exit (same exit Jeff "blew up" his last 7M on) pop the hood, set up the suprastick and lo and behold, hey theres a screwdriver in here! awesome.

not quite awesome.

start the car and it sounds like all hell has broken loose inside my engine. I say yup, thats rod knock, jeff says, nah I hear it in the head, I say, nope, thats rod knock, its fucked. lets go home. (MR Ducks, MR not, OSAR, CM wangs? LIB, MR Ducks)

some guy pulls up in a truck and offers to trade me his sport bike for the supra, I consider the offer until I find out hes got a 91 MR2 turbo and I proceed to try to weasle him out of the MR2 in a partial trade for my quickly dying Supra. I cant help but think that 20 minutes ago he would have taken it as a straight trade. Damn. he still wants to trade me the bike for the Supra, Im thinking... hmmm, naaaaaa, Im a glutton for punishment, lets throw a 2j in there. then I do the math and quickly become depressed.

We jump in and about 3 or 4 miles down the road the knocking gets really bad... kind of like a jazz drummer going into doubletime.... she starts heating up and she locks up and spews coolant everywhere. tadaa! nobody blowsem up like Mando!

anyways, I used the aforementioned AAA membership of Jonstews and his girlfriend came out and waited with us (a thousand thank yous) until the flatbed showed up to tow the bitch (the car not johns girlfriend) back to my warehouse.

thats that. she's dead.

Matt, whats this about an engine???

I will be accepting bribes at the meet this weekend to dyno the Xb, that way nobody else has to walk away with the lowest dyno numbers award.

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
HommerSimpson;1013489 said:
that blows.... sorry armando.. now we may never know

oh, we'll know. All I need now is a new longblock and we'll be fighting fuelcut all over again. LOL I can pop that engine out of there in about 2 hours or so.