Toyota replaced head gasket, should I be concerned?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I'll go out on a limb and say she bought it there. Probably had all prior servicing done there as well so they must have known her from day one. Just a guess though. At any rate yeah, it's a nice find. Proves how a car will degrade very slowly in Cali's climate if well cared for.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
The car HAS been serviced at Sunnyvale toyota for all of its 60,000 miles of driving.

Its still going to be serviced there says the owner.

It is amazing to drive, because everything is NEW. The TEMS isn't all worn out, The tranny down shifts so smooth. Its the closest I will ever come to driving a new Supra.

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
HellsLegion said:
Its the closest I will ever come to driving a new Supra.
I feel ya there, I'm thinking the same. I have ALWAYS wanted one of these, but I never talked about it becasue I never thought I'd ever get the opportunity to own one.

edit: and yes, all routine maintenacne has been performed at the dealer, I plan on continuing the trend. She deserves it.

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
$6k even, including damaged dash repair. Some may think that's a bit high, but it's right where KBB prices it with the condition it's in.

Considering I have always wanted one, I didn't have a single issue forking out the cash.

Also, the car wasn't listed for sale, a friend of mine told me about it and I asked if he could call the owner and arrange a sale.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Mine is not far from that condition at twice the mileage. I bought it new and like yours it's been well cared for and garaged it's entire life. Still feels pretty much as the day I rolled it off the dealer's lot. Considering what I paid you shouldn't feel too bad ;)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
86mister2 said:
$6k even, including damaged dash repair. Some may think that's a bit high, but it's right where KBB prices it with the condition it's in.

Considering I have always wanted one, I didn't have a single issue forking out the cash.

Also, the car wasn't listed for sale, a friend of mine told me about it and I asked if he could call the owner and arrange a sale.

I would have said 8K was a steal for it, congratualtions ;).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
HellsLegion said:
I drove it too. I want an auto Turbo supra...

This is how knowledge usually starts. You have to figure it out for yourself. You can be told and told...but you have to find out yourself.

A local Toyota employee, not dealership, authorized that shortblock replacement. That is done when the product is deemed defective from the start.

That is certainly a fantastic ride. I like the superwhite myself. Or whatever it is called.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
HellsLegion said:
The Turbo Auto combination isn't as fast, but I wasnt expecting it to be super fast. Its an amazing cruiser.

you must have missed my 1/8 mile burn out...

or my mid 13' second pass blowing my head gasket and lettin out of it...(lol stocker)

they dont have the same feel, but i tell you , you'll be dam pressed tring to keep up with on. (with a close spec car ofcrouse)

-----------------

any ways, that car is beatifull,

i was a bit suprized when that first invoice read no charge all the way down.
and that was the first thing that came to my mind, lady bought the car there.

i bet there wasn't any questions asked either! close to 40k on a 8 year old car, dam straight their gona take care of this problem..

i find it funny they still chaged her for the head gasket.. and work related to the head gasket

but did not charge a dime for the block, installtion or any other thing, warrenty work lol

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
86mister2 said:
What is the difference? Is the 101 block for the NA 7M-GE?

No, the 102 is the correct year, 7m crank block for this car. The 101 could have a 6m or a 7m crank, depending on if it was a late year or early year production.