thinking off moding headlights? if so halo or pod?

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
thinking off modding headlights halo or pod? Im thinking of buying some halo and pod 240 headlight housings this month and making a mold to fit are cars so i can get ride of the old pop ups.
Ive looked and looked and looked some more and i have yet to see these types of headlights made for are cars AND IM Just try'n to see and get the over all idea of what people think of this BEFORE i try this.
sorry about the crappy cut and paste guys just there to give a rough idea
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

:ttiwwp:

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
SupraMaster;975967 said:
I second that motion. Look around the internet and find the "Green Machine" MR2. That design would be a better suit than these ones you have photochopped.

I could'nt any pics of Green Machine MR2,and im on the mr2forums since i owen an mk1 do you have any?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
can't use the system where it's a flat cover over the lenses as the lights aren't high enough up to shine on the road.

They will have to bubble up like the C5R racing corvette to work right...

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
Poodles;977100 said:
can't use the system where it's a flat cover over the lenses as the lights aren't high enough up to shine on the road.

They will have to bubble up like the C5R racing corvette to work right...

If he wants to see as well as he would right now, yes. If he is looking more for form than function, not really.

If you are on the MR2 forum, look up a build with a green MR2. Better yet, look up a projector set of headlights for the MR2 and it's bound to pop up on the net somewhere.

I'll do a little searching and PM you the link when I find it.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
IF?

I sure as hell hope that this if this is done that it is NOT driven on the road! And if he is, i sure as hell will not want to be within 10 miles of him!

There is a reason lights are built the way they are, yes even the pop ups of our cars!

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
Ive been thinking about doing this. But not really how you have it more like someone else said with the C5R stlye that kinda bubbles up, because I do like custom work but not at the expense of not seeing...

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
1992supraman;977437 said:
Ive been thinking about doing this. But not really how you have it more like someone else said with the C5R stlye that kinda bubbles up, because I do like custom work but not at the expense of not seeing...
After the obvious being pointed out i am going to try and make them with the bubble little more work but i think i can make it out of fiberglass though

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's not hard to make, but I'm not sure how it will look with our bodylines...

I've been wanting to make a set myself, but making it match the body is gonna be tough.

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
is this what you mean with the lexon cover if so i have had trouble in the past trying to heat and mold lexon and plexiglass it always bubbles and i dont think i could do the cover enless i can find a good way to mold it open to suggestions
sm_photo_missing.jpg

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
Poodles;979474 said:
don't have to have the cover if the projectors are sealed ;)

True.

I know we can use the NSX flip-ups. Does anyone know if we can use the projectors? I've been itching to give this a try, just wanted more input before I bother putting the money out for it.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ Using the NSX popups is far from bolt-on. Trust me...

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
that was the oly pic i could get and many this project is a bit more costly then i though but hopefully buy jun ill have a perfect set or two
and if anyone knows a good way the shape plexi,lexion it would be a great tip this stuff get costly they just like to bubble when it finally get hot enough to bend
mista_sup;989094 said:
any more pic. those for the vett are hot!!!

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Leave the pop-ups and get a good HID set-up, there was group buy or something some time ago, I'm sure one of the official vendors can hook you up.

Like poodles said, the lights will be sitting to low to be effective, not to mention that pop-up lights are pure Supra and the idea of putting something else in destroys the "period charm" of the car.

Also, when the lights are retracted, the front end looks better than any conversions where the lights are always visable that I've seen.

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
Poodles;990011 said:
BINGO!

I have my own design for non-popups, but I'm keeping it secret until I do it...

Ass. :p j/k You should share the wealth anyway. Input is better than going it alone.

As far as the NSX not being bolt-on, I know. I've just been itching to see what the NSX projectors would look like on a MkIII, that's all. Seeing as how the headlight cover of the MkIII slightly emulates the NSX, I figured I'd give it a try.