thieves

irocznissan

May 28, 2006
nj
well its a horrible thing what a thief tried to do to my car to steal it. they broke my driverside corner glass and ripped my handle off. they failed of course and didnt get in the car at all. so what was thier purpose. probally some1 one my kill list. lol. but any way i was just wondering. do any1 have prices for the glass and handle? here in jerzey and philly no1 tints the edges of the glass like stock or even wants to touch it. thanx

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
irocznissan said:
well its a horrible thing what a thief tried to do to my car to steal it. they broke my driverside corner glass and ripped my handle off. they failed of course and didnt get in the car at all. so what was thier purpose. probally some1 one my kill list. lol. but any way i was just wondering. do any1 have prices for the glass and handle? thanx
sorry to hear man hope you get it fixed. that the reason i wont even park my supra at my house i just got the mirror riped off my vw no big deal to me cuz when i move im turning it into a racecar. so wont need the mirrors

Turb0Lover

Its coming back
Nov 23, 2006
Phila.PA
This sucks, but at least they didnt get away with anything. I didnt know people break into Supra's all like that.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
someone broke the handle on my supra trying to steal it as well, i found one at the junkyard, i was pissed forever.... best of luck

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Wow, i didn't think people broke into Supras that way, when it would be so easy to with a worn out key from any old Toyota...lol...someone broke into my NA with a worn out key (had to have), and stole a few things, including the stereo's remote control, but not the stereo itself...WTF?

I found the remote on the lawn in front of my house the next day...lol.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
sorry about your car man...but it was weird....i lived in san diego for awhile and my car got broken into...and they took my head unit...sub..amps..speakers.....then came back to van nuys (those in so cal should know how ghetto it is)....with a broken lock....worn out key...i couldnt lock the doors cause the key wouldnt open them...and it never got broken into...weird since you would think san diego was a better city

89_turborunner

Oct 1, 2006
Oregon
The whole "worn out lock and worn out key" thing is not really the whole story.

It is a "dirty lock, and any toyota key" thing. The dirt and junk in the lock will hold the pins in the open psoition after a bump on the key goes past the pin on it's way into the lock. Most keys will hit every pin on their way in, and usually it will unlock it.

This is what my locksmith told me. He also debased the theory that toyota only made a few hundred keys, and that some matched and allowed you to open someone else's car. Toyota made 100,000 plus keys in the 1980's, so this is not realistic.

If you want your locks to work, remove them from the car, and shoot them full of teflon-lube for locks. untill the lube coming out is clear. It will start as black with grime and junk.

hope you guys have better luck with theft in the future.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
I am sorry to hear this. I too have gone through this more than once. On the bright side...they didn't get anything from inside.GL
Anthony

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
johnathan1 said:
lol...yea, I thought it was common knowledge....

But, it won't work unless the key AND the lock cylinder are WAY worn out.

Time for me to go to toyota and order a full lock set.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
89_turborunner said:
The dirt and junk in the lock will hold the pins in the open psoition after a bump on the key goes past the pin on it's way into the lock. Most keys will hit every pin on their way in, and usually it will unlock it.

It's pretty much the same thing as "raking", a lock picking technique... and no I won't go into further detail.

I absolutely HATE it when threads like this turn into a how-to for breaking into cars. True, a knowledgable thief already knows how to get in. True, a determined thief will do what ever is needed to get in. True, locks only keep the honest people honest. But just handing out this kind of info and then continuously reposting it in numerous threads across numerous sites is just begging for trouble as well as providing lessons for would be thieves who otherwise would have no clue how to get into your car without breaking a window.

Can we please stop advertising this shit!?

irocznissan - I'm sorry they smashed your window and fucked up your car. When you replace the handle remember to check out the linkages, they may have gotten bent.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
OneJoeZee said:
Maybe I should get the key cylinder from someones JZA clip and have two keys for my supra. one to unlock and another to start it. :chicken:

That doesn't fix the actual issue. It's double protection, but still no guarantee.