Theives on the loose!

redd88soup

Mark III Lover
Jan 15, 2007
Lexington,NC
Car theives tried to steal my car!!!! OMFG i was heated today..! I was in skool, minding my own busisness, when someone tells me that they saw someone trying to break in my car! As a result I immediately run out of class and got to where my car was parked, and Voila! It was sure enough gone.:1zhelp: :icon_evil. Pissed is not the word for me when i saw it not there. I immediately was going to call the cops, until.... I see blue lights across the street and sure enough there it is, My baby sitting there and some dude was in the driver's seat. I ran my asian self across the street and ask them what was going on. Apparently the cop was sitting at the front of the school hiding somewhere, and I guess the guy who stole my car got happy and decided to gun my car out of the school entrance. SO the cop stopped him. I walk up to the cop, ask him what was happenin' and he told me everything. When he found out it was my car he was gonna book him, but the muthafreakin that stole my car ran(on foot)!!! So beware guys, there is a car theive on the loose in the triad of NC. Sorry it was so freakin' long, but i had to vent.

redd88soup

Mark III Lover
Jan 15, 2007
Lexington,NC
Nope, no damage, but the guy did happen to get caught a couple of hours ago. Weird thing is, he had like 7 different sets of toyota keys. Is it true that they only manufactured 7 different keys for our cars? And yep, i do think it is time for a kill switch. Let me get you guys opinion, what would you guys do in this situation?

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
My 87 was broken into by a very worn down key that fit the lock. I know this because they tried to start my car with it and the key broke off inside my ignition cylinder... It didn't look anything like the key that was designed to fit my car.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
It has something to do with your locks being worn down and his key being almost like yours. <-- I think. And you are lucky there was a cop to stop the dumb ass.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
My brand new key fits in the doorlocks of Ford Rangers, explorer's, some Mazda's, and the key to my DD fits in almost any GM lock, and if the lock is worn down enough, I can turn it with the key about 3/4 in. I break into my friends Suburban and 2500HD all the time with it.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
My supra keys work in my buddies supra doors but not the ignition. It is possible that there is only 7 diff. keys as I know Ponitac Sunfires only have 9 different variations of keys for all of them. Good thing he was throttle happy so you got your car back.

Neil

Poker of the Smot
Apr 29, 2006
In the Supe
Sorry to hear that man... I guess the supra is just that good :)
Anyhow, I had locked my keys in my car one time, and I called up a buddy with a supra because I heard on here that most supra keys work in eachothers locks but not ignition. It turned out that it was true, not to mention i'm pretty sure my lock is pretty worn down... and yes it is time for a kill switch, people might get ideas :( At least he didn't damage your car.

-Neil

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I need to put an alarm in my car. That might just be my next upgrade. The only thing I can do currently is take my steering wheel off with my quick release, but that is really easy to get around if you know what you are doing.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
There is GPS tracking alarms out i would have beat the living crap out of that dude.

did you press charges for grand theft auto against him or what ?

and yes it is possible to take any supra with actualy only 3 keys!
and even the best alarm system in the world and kill switch will not stop a proffesional! they use flatbeds!!!

The best and only option is a GPS locater hidden inside the car with its own power supply or batterys so it still works when the car battery is removed!

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
shit, get me one of these 3 keys you guys are talking about, cause my damn trunk and glove box wont work with my key...

I'm sorry to hear that, dude.

The problem is, if someone wants to take your car bad enough, they'll do it. There's no real way to stop a thief from taking it, you can only hope to recover it.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
RazoE said:
shit, get me one of these 3 keys you guys are talking about, cause my damn trunk and glove box wont work with my key...

With my last Supra I didn't have the master key and I couldn't open the trunk (never tried the glove box, but I wouldn't be surprised if you need the master key for that too). You could tell it wasn't a master key by the little notches that were cut out right at the tip (at least that was my theory).

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
supra90turbo said:
stay in school, kids.

LOL Edumucation FTW.

swaq said:
With my last Supra I didn't have the master key and I couldn't open the trunk (never tried the glove box, but I wouldn't be surprised if you need the master key for that too). You could tell it wasn't a master key by the little notches that were cut out right at the tip (at least that was my theory).

My keys the same way. I bought the car with only the spare, brought it to the dealer and he cut an identical one just without the notches on the tip, bam new master key.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
MassSupra89 said:
My keys the same way. I bought the car with only the spare, brought it to the dealer and he cut an identical one just without the notches on the tip, bam new master key.

Dang. I went to the dealer when I first got my Supra and asked if they could do that and they gave me some crap about not keeping key codes older than 15 years or something like that.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
swaq said:
Dang. I went to the dealer when I first got my Supra and asked if they could do that and they gave me some crap about not keeping key codes older than 15 years or something like that.

just look for the code on the lock on the passenger side door.