Theives on the loose!

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
swaq said:
Dang. I went to the dealer when I first got my Supra and asked if they could do that and they gave me some crap about not keeping key codes older than 15 years or something like that.

That's what the guy told me. Said something like they probably wouldnt be able to cut it... then asked to see my spare, and said "Let me try something"
Came back with the key without the notches, said go try that in all your locks... worked in all of them, went back in and said how much do I owe ya? Charged me like 4 bucks.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
sti_ls.gif

Don't think we have a car theft problem around here.... but you know. :)

redd88soup

Mark III Lover
Jan 15, 2007
Lexington,NC
Well, you guys no what i meant by skool, (school). Haha. Well, yeah police called me today and asked if i wanetd to press charges, uhh.... " hell yeah," was my reply. So yeah, that dude is gonna be in jail for a long time(hopefully). They said it was a guy they think that was involved in alot of other grand theft auto's recently. So yeah, I'm one of the many victims, but at least my baby is back with no injuries. And yeah, about the key thing, i had only a spare at the time; went to the dealer and they did the same as MassSupra89. Thanks i appreciate you guys helpin' me feel better, shows how much of a good community we have here.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Very good to hear you nailed teh BAsterd 88soup :D thieves just dont get it if your stealing their pride and joy... :icon_evil

Neil said:
Sorry to hear that man... I guess the supra is just that good :)
Anyhow, I had locked my keys in my car one time, and I called up a buddy with a supra because I heard on here that most supra keys work in eachothers locks but not ignition. It turned out that it was true, not to mention i'm pretty sure my lock is pretty worn down... and yes it is time for a kill switch, people might get ideas :( At least he didn't damage your car.

-Neil

Time to change the locks on our Supra's?? anybody know people that do that stuff, worth researching I guess.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
vas85 said:
Time to change the locks on our Supra's?? anybody know people that do that stuff, worth researching I guess.

Yeah that's a good idea. Gotta look into that.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
or even better just 'shave' the keyholes and use alarm keyless entry, that might be an idea for those with some cash for tinkering. :)

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
The JDM ignition cylinder FTW
I gave my jdm key to my friend works at toyota irvine
hey gave me back 3 keys and my original they said they never saw a key like this before all the other three keys wouldnt work and they were the closest match they wouldnt even go into the key hole!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited: