The Build of p5150 - 2JZGE-T, GT4294, Paint, and more stuff

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Looking good man. there are some serious cars coming from the NW right now! What is going on with that FFIM though? IT looks like it warped pretty bad! But I love the color and I am not a big bling man but those wheels will look wicked on there! Keep up the hard work!

Seth

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
The warp of the FFIM looks worse than it really is because the cuts werent straight down the sides of the tube. It did warp a bit when I welded it but not too bad.

This turbo is big enough to eat small children!:1zhelp:

Attachments

• DSCN0659.JPG
    DSCN0659.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 270

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I just ordered an ATS Triple Carbon clutch today - pretty good deal. 1350kg/2970 pound pressure plate isnt much more than stock and is rated to 1200 or so hp.... Better than a 3200 pound RPS single plate pulling on your thrust washer.

FYI If anyone wants one they come in around 2500 shipped with all of the attachments. And thats for a triple. Thats 300 cheaper than the twin-plate RPS Carbon clutch. I think the twin ATS carbon comes in around 2k.

full%20carbonclutch1.jpg

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Tires and rims are next on the list while I still have some cash!

I just ordered some Sumitomo HTR Z II tires: 245/40/18 for the front and 275/40/18 for the rear. They were $451.68 shipped - not too bad.

They will be mounted on a set of 18x9.5 +45mm on the back with 18x8.5 +35mm on the front. The wheels are the ones that I posted up earlier - chrome with a fat dish....

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
are you using a spoolgun MIG welder for the aluminum, or just a basic MIG? 120V?

ive got a 120V Lincoln, curious if it can do small amounts of aluminum work.

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
My welder is a cheapass Harbor Freight 220v wire feed with gas shielding. The aluminum wire feeds great through the tube to the gun - about three feet.

I thought it would be harder than it is, just get some argon....

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I finished the manifold today! My garage smells like polish now.

Attachments

• DSCN0696.JPG
    DSCN0696.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 391
  • DSCN0697.JPG
    DSCN0697.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 438

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I just ordered my wheels - as advertised RUFF Racing 18x8.5 and 9.5 chrome. The tires came it today - WOW! They are WIDE on the back set 275/40 series. Just what I wanted. Maybe now I can get some power to stick.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
p5150 said:
I just ordered my wheels - as advertised RUFF Racing 18x8.5 and 9.5 chrome. The tires came it today - WOW! They are WIDE on the back set 275/40 series. Just what I wanted. Maybe now I can get some power to stick.
LMAO 285's here and NO TRACTION ;)
(good luck)

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
HAHA I said SOME power. At least more than my sawblade 16's w/stock tires.

I polished the throttle body today - it was hard to get in all the cracks and stuff. Certainly not a perfect job by any means - neither is my manifold, but it does have some shine to it. I coated it with some Glisten PC by POR 15. Its a catalyzed clear coat made specifically for polished metal surfaces.

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Some quick updates:

Got the wiring done for the AEM. Because I was using a GTE AEM some of the pinouts were different and I had to move the wires. This meant that I had to trace them ALL out to ensure they went to the appropriate place. By using the wiring diagrams of the 7M/MKIII chassis, the 2jzgte ECU and the 95 Supra TSRM I was able to figure out where everything went. This whole process was very time consuming. Keep in mind though that I am very anal and that I wanted it to look nice. Redoing the wire harness (tape, loom, grouping of wires, etc) was the largest consumer of time for me. For somebody to just get it running they wouldnt have to do all the stuff I did.

Also, the following website was VERY helpful. Anyone needing wiring for a 2jz transplant can use this: http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=50 Dont be turned away by the fact that it is addressing using 2jz electronics - it tells you where all the wires go and what they do so you dont have to trace each one through the wiring diagrams.

I am still going to have to tap some vacuum lines for the brake booster and gauges, etc. Ill probably just tap a big one and run it to a separate vacuum manifold.

Oh - and thanks to Justin (user ID Justin) for the climate control bulb/LED mod to all blue. If anybody is looking to have it done you should contact him - im sure he could hook you up for a reasonable price.....

I got the wheels in last week - they will go on once I have a chance to roll the car out on the driveway to wash it before I resume block sanding and spray the paint. I want to have the body painted this week. We will see how that goes.........

Last edited:

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
Wow, amazing work man. Things are comnig together nicely...and good thing you got the wiring out of the way - sooo annoying.

Did you ever sort out what you were going to do with the turbo spacer? That is kinda close to the strut tower.

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
TobyCat said:
Wow, amazing work man. Things are comnig together nicely...and good thing you got the wiring out of the way - sooo annoying.

Did you ever sort out what you were going to do with the turbo spacer? That is kinda close to the strut tower.

No - I havent tackled that issue yet. Whatever I do I also have to keep in mind that there needs to be more room for the compressor outlet. I have one of those cast 90 bends from precision turbo that will be welded on the end on the compressor housing.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Looks Great! Are those the BIC motor mounts? I cant see very well but do they connect directly to the chasis mount or do they still have the rubber piece in between them?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
p5150 said:
Well Im deciding between:

Mounting this turbo on a 3" spacer - this will require a modified hood.

Modifying the compressor outlet to include a 90 degree bend in the end of it.

:dunno:

Modified hood leading people to think there's a big ass turbo underneath the hump FTW!

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
jmcboost said:
Looks Great! Are those the BIC motor mounts? I cant see very well but do they connect directly to the chasis mount or do they still have the rubber piece in between them?

They connect to the block and then the mount with the rubber spacer. Basically, they take the place of the block brackets on the 7m