TbcMorris' post fire CT build

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Thanks 87NA for bringing this build back to the top, I've never seen this one.

TBC......You have done great work so far. You caught my attention from the start with the mention of the Tooqwik mod. You certainly have used your first 100 posts wisely. My only concern was the sight of a covered LTD (?), and an uncovered Supra when you sprayed the bay. Hopefully that is the parts car!

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
I hope I didn't catch this thread too late. More then happy to help a fellow supra owner out. Thomaston is very very close by, I live in Wolcott. I have a buddy ,who is a ASE tech, that would love to help out as well. Let me know if you need any parts too because I have an 86 n.a parts car bound for the scrap in the summer.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Hello all and thank you for the comment.

Forced....the pos ltd is my land lords. That's why it got wrapped. And yes the white supra is the car being raped for parts.

I will be updating with pics soon. I have to fix the usb ports on my comp.

This weekend is going to be a big weekend putting this car back together for all those interested.

I just gor in the mail the rest of the parts to put it togther:
New wiring harness
New harness under the pass. Fender
Powersteering resvoir lines and pump
Upper intake manifold with everything including throttle body
Fuel rail
Injectors
Intercooler piping

Today I am going to finish welding my intercooler piping and the new bov flange.

So to wrap this post up....sorry for the lack of updates its been a wild spring. But god willing this car will be back on the road in the next couple weeks.

Josh

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
very nice job but are you using the same brake booster that was in the fire?I'd think about replacing it if it actually got really hot...having a rubber diaphram in there and all...

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
To think that the fire was started by an incorrectly wired boost controller .... what a shame. :nono:
Today I saw the car in person and he is doing a great job thus far. Hopefully I will have the chance to come help tomorrow.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
ilikebigbutts;1025104 said:
very nice job but are you using the same brake booster that was in the fire?I'd think about replacing it if it actually got really hot...having a rubber diaphram in there and all...

Nope that's a new booster out of the parts car. Thanks for the look out.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
great to see a car coming back from the dead.. thats alway make me feel all warm and fuzzy, wait what am i talking about, it just makes me want to drive..

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
tbcmorris;1025281 said:
Nope that's a new booster out of the parts car. Thanks for the look out.

No problem.i dont think your pics on pg 2 where working for me yesterday cause i just saw how far you got with this thing!awsome progress man!and i dig the new toyota badge.

as for the exhaust try play around with the hangers?like bending them and such.Maybe get different rubber holders...

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
88YotaTurbo;1025242 said:
To think that the fire was started by an incorrectly wired boost controller .... what a shame. :nono:

That fact makes me sooooo mad. Such a little problem. But that's always what is is some stupid little thing. Well at least its going back together better!

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
big JON;1028356 said:
Nice work mate, that is true dedication right there!

Thank you. I dedicated myself to putting this car back on the road 3 monthes ago. I am getting soooo close. I now have clocked in easily over 100 man hours not too mention friends hanging out and helping.

I can't wait till I can get to post up some pictures to show you guys. My computers being a jerk right now.