taillight conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
What do you guys think of the MKIV taillight conversion on a MKIII. I've seen a couple. I've thought about it but idk. Is it really worth the work?

Attachments

• huh.jpg
    huh.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 176
  • supra_1970_15295761.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 45

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I bought an mk3 because I wanted an mk3.. I personally dont like much about the mk4, including the fact that I think it looks like a space ship. You wont see any mk4 parts on my car that's for sure, other than maybe some 2j upgrades.

Just wish this car wasn't 20 years old. and lmao @ onejoe and zerocool's comments.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around

don't like it. (no, it's not my car...) though, i suppose it wouldn't look terrible if they were blacked out so they matched the contour of the car.

but honestly, the shape of the actual lights when illuminated don't match our cars. you should learn to embrace the semi-boxy shape of the mk3. ;)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
swaq said:
Already been discussed many times. Bottom line is it looks worse and there's no reason to pretend to be a different car (or year, in this case).

Not a good answer comparing it to pretending to be like another car or year. Its no different than putting a 1JZ or a 2JZ engine in the MKIII.

BTw: In that picture, it looks pretty nice. in MY opinion. if you like it, go for it. Just make sure whoever does the conversion does a top notch job as in the example you have posted.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Everyone on here acts like they hate mk4's, well truth be told you buy an mk3 because you cannot afford the mk4 and everyone with an mk3 has an inferiority complex about it, don't pretend ya don't we all own em we all know LOL. I think mk4's look good, they are much better engineered. Look at our high HP guys, we are stoked to make 500 or 600 or even 800 and fact is thats what noobs can make with 10k and an MK4, they handle better, they are lighter, they are more reliable, whats not to be envious of.

2jz or not it's still an mk3

P.S. THOSE TAILIGHTS LOOK LIKE ASS ON THE MK3

Status
Not open for further replies.