Suprahooked's Pearl White Build Thread

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
looks good man. Seem like your right on top of things! Leads me to a question as im getting ready to put everything together. As far as all these damn paper gaskets that come with the gasket kit. Did you use gasket sealer instead and ditch the paper, or line the gaskets with sealer? And what kind of sealer if any did you use?

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
mk3forme said:
looks good man. Seem like your right on top of things! Leads me to a question as im getting ready to put everything together. As far as all these damn paper gaskets that come with the gasket kit. Did you use gasket sealer instead and ditch the paper, or line the gaskets with sealer? And what kind of sealer if any did you use?
Oil pan i used black rtv,all the places the paper gasket are for i used paper gasket and aviation gasket sealer,You can buy at auto parts store. Make sure to use RTV on the corners of the rear timing cover where it meets the head when you do the head gasket:icon_razz John

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
thanks for the info. I went to advance today and bought like 4 different kinds of silicone. All were permatex brand but didnt see any aviation gasket sealer. What brand is it and which store did you get it at. I figured I probably ought to try another auto store just to see what everyone carries.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
mk3forme said:
thanks for the info. I went to advance today and bought like 4 different kinds of silicone. All were permatex brand but didnt see any aviation gasket sealer. What brand is it and which store did you get it at. I figured I probably ought to try another auto store just to see what everyone carries.[/QU

Happy new years, I bought the sealer from a place called auto supermarket,Its made by Prime Seal and its avaition sealer #3. Hope that helps John

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
:3d_frown: Bummer the HPF group buy cams have been delayed :icon_evil I bought the 272 race cams should i wait for them or just say the hell with it ?Give me your opinions.

Last edited:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Looking into turbos ,I think iam going with a GT4088 unless i am convicened otherwise by the Pros and Cons Thread

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
MDCmotorsports said:
Looking good!

FYI, don't let that new engine go under 1k rpms for the first 30 minutes of its life.
why MDC? And how do you go about doing that? I mean when I start my motor for the first time Im going to have to set the timing and all. I wont necesarily be concentrating on the rpm's

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
werewolves182 said:
Bypass the clutch safety switch when you get a chance if that is the RPS Max 3200 Pressure plate. Those things will tear up your Thrust washers in your engine. Ask me how I know this...

Well today after work i disconnected the clutch safety switch and soider them together. It was so easy i wish everything was that easy. Been working hard out in the cold at work so i dont really feel like working on the car at night. Hopefully it rains tomorrow so i get a day off of work that way i can get going on the car:biglaugh: John

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Well tomorrow i plan on starting my oil relocation of filter and cooler, Hope all goes as planned

Last edited:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
suprahooked said:
Well tomorrow i plan on starting my oil relocation of filter and cooler, Hope all goes as planned

Well all did not go as planned because i could not find room for the oil cooler:icon_evil
p476405_1.jpg

So i took pics for reign maker of the brackets for the intercooler and nose support i made.
p476405_2.jpg

p476405_3.jpg

Then i tried my front bumper for fit. ,All went well.
p476405_4.jpg

So i go down to the house to get a beer and low and behold look whos here FEDEX truck then i see this Blond babe in a fedex iniform.:evil2: So i asked her if she would like to stay for a beer but she had to go .Figures oh well she brought me this.
p476405_5.jpg

Then i take my new thermostat hose and install the thermostat.
p476405_6.jpg

After that i start working on my alternator drop down bracket and try to install the lower bracket but it would not fit so i made one:biglaugh:
p476405_7.jpg

p476405_8.jpg

p476405_9.jpg

p476405_10.jpg

So the oil relocation is for another day.

Last edited:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Not the hoses and clutch master is a top of the line one,And i dont have alot of time so i order online.