Supra90turbo's build thread

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Quick update: Tuesday I ran down to Home Depot and picked up a 200,000btu Diesel powered torpedo heater.

2 hours and the garage is heated up to 50*f!! It is once again livable, and I pulled my rear subframe out today.

Off in the not-so-distant-future to be sandblasted, welded, strenghthened, then Powdercoated.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Pics, finally. Not many, but, how many pics can one take of a dirty subframe?

p129084_1.jpg

p129084_2.jpg

p129084_3.jpg

My heater (had some extra stickers :p )
Correction: it's a 115,000btu sucker. Plenty of heat, though.
p129084_4.jpg

Goodies drawer
p129084_5.jpg

Just some parts...
p129084_6.jpg

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Update, finally remembered the g'damn camera.
Sorry, the pics are a bit sub-par. I think there's something wrong with my camera. The focus seems to be off at times and there is no "Macro" option.
BTW: Sony DSC-P52.

Anyhow, here's my own little hell:
dsc032735to.jpg

dsc032759vr.jpg

dsc032762uj.jpg

o2 sensor signal wire, redone with new shielded wire (leftover from when I did the KS rewire long ago) since the old was practically disintegrated internally. I plan on running this straight out the grommet and to the o2 sensor. No sense whatsoever in running around the whole harness just to reach something it already passes by!
The good part about doing this is that now I can find out exactly what plug fits the o2 sensor that MDC sells and fit that particular connector!
dsc032796ew.jpg

I reworked my KS rewire that I had done a couple years ago, now together with some heatshrink tubing instead of electrical tape (shown with some tape on it, but that's only temporary), hopefully some new plugs if I can find them, and new terminals will be added tomorrow, just need to sort through the terminal box at work and find out which ones I need.
I will possibly be offering these for sale, complete with pinout instructions and new terminals. PM if interested. Unsure of pricing, however. If I get any real interest on it, I will most definetely look into it deeper.
dsc032805xr.jpg

Now to the interior. I stripped the sound deadener out, and also will be painting the interior a nice gloss black to complement the new toyota black mica paint job it will be receiving upon completion.
I'm still waiting on my heat gun to arrive to remove the stubborn junk, and the rest should come up once I give it some attention with acetone or 3M Hi-Solv.

does anyone know where to get a good quality primer in aerosol form?

dsc032814jh.jpg

Most of what was stuck to the strut towers. That mesh sucks!
dsc032823gm.jpg

This one got a couple passes with Hi-Solv, but needs heat to get rid of the bigger chunks stuck there...
dsc032831vc.jpg

I'm rich!
During this whole project, I've found close to $15 in change!
dsc032859xy.jpg

dsc032864ur.jpg

dsc032875hu.jpg

Does anyone else have rust right here? I've seen a couple Supras with the same area rusted, and noticed that my door skin is actually cracked where the rust is! The sheet metal cracks, it must be a stress point because there is no reinforcement there at all. Just sheet metal. I'm a bit sad :( however, this is the ONLY rust on the car. Except by the LH tail light.
dsc032849fw.jpg

This is a view from inside the door frame looking out.
dsc032902js.jpg

:chicken:

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
lol, Jimi... It was stretched out all nice before that, but usually ends up like that 3 or 4 times during any one sitting. Then I have to take 5 minutes to figure out which end goes where and why these plugs ended up over here and so on. hahaha

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
update as of sometime last week...

Got the dash out, and I hadn't noticed that it's all discoloring on the top... good. get the hell out!

pulled out the a/c evaporator
nice and clean... on the heater box side

but on the blower side... that's a different story. I always wondered why the blower system sucked in my Supra. Now I know that if it ever happens again, I'm gonna have to pull the dash. Yay.

little more work to the harness, cleaned up quite well. now I'm mostly rerouting them together instead of weaving through each other.

Notice Jimi, it is no longer naked on the floor! It's living comfortably in that la-z-boy.

::re-edit:: fixed now. thumbnails are gooder.

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Today: Brought my dash support bar to the bodyshop, and they said they'd paint it for me for nothing! They just happen to have a black car there, so they'll shoot all 5 pieces while they paint the car. Good news for all!
I also got my new(to me) gray dash temporarily installed, and let me tell you... it's like an entirely different car. The gray is so much better than the brown, but I say it like that took a genius to find out...

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Thanks, Jimi. Yeah, I planned to dye mine black, and I still may... but the difference between the brown and the gray are so drastic, that I'll leave it this way for at least a while. I can get the dash out easily enough now that I've done it 5 times.... No biggie anymore. lol

I have a fantastic condition maroon dash that I'm going to experiment on.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Back from the sandblaster!
Only the rear subframe for now.
Off hopefully real soon to get seam welded, then to the powdercoater! JDM Pink FTW!!!1!!
::edit:: LPW: Large Picture Warning!!!
::edit2:: thumbnails ftw.

I began my decent into hell today, by pulling out the dash harness.. no pics yet. I need to at the very least remove the airbag wiring, as there's too much of it to simply tuck away.

Any thoughts on maybe like an 89 n/a harness without ABS or cruise working in this 90 turbo of mine?

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
supra90turbo said:
The disappointment of the day came from finding out that I got a 6M from MaxxAutoworks, not a 7M... oh well. Guess I'm building my 7M up.

Not to throw the thread off track, but why are you dissapointed abotu the 6m crank?

Anyways, makin' good progress and looks like she'll be a beaut when she's done!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Off track? nah... Just hoped it was a 7M.
I'd rather have the extra counterweights of the 7M, and get it knife-edged to reduce some of the rotational mass...

Still unsure of engine plans, though, as that's still in the somewhat distant future.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Thats cool :) I prefer the 6m myself, but im probably the only one who does...lol.

Good luck with everythign and make sure to show us pics of all the powdercoated stuff. I <3 powdercoating :)