Supra90turbo's build thread

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
So far, I've torn the car down to basically a bare shell.
Subframes are coming out, and getting powdercoated, as well as a bunch of other junk. Control arms and so forth.
The disappointment of the day came from finding out that I got a 6M from MaxxAutoworks, not a 7M... oh well. Guess I'm building my 7M up.

For now, I just have some pics.

So here we go.
If anyone has any code to post thumbnails, do tell.

p117216_1.jpg

p117216_2.jpg

p117216_3.jpg

piles of junk, most of which to never return to the car.

p117216_4.jpg

p117216_5.jpg

p117216_6.jpg

p117216_7.jpg

new/good parts to be used

p117216_8.jpg

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
JIC Lower arm bar, Hella H4's, Semi-Solid motor mounts, SSAC manifold, PTE "medium" IC (600hp), Intense Performance air filter. it's massive! 4" inlet.. yep.
p117217_1.jpg

TODA cam gears.
p117217_2.jpg

p117217_3.jpg

p117217_4.jpg

p117217_5.jpg

p117217_6.jpg

p117217_7.jpg

gotta represent :D
p117217_8.jpg

and a little bit of carnage. stupid trailer ate my defcon dp... :(
p117217_9.jpg

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
lol... sooo ummm.... it bolts right next to the factory bar? hmmm well that sounds like a waste....

<<<<<<still wants to make a x brace for the bottom's of our car's

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
<<<<<<<<<<<< would buy one if CK made one
I agree that it's probably not a whole heap of help, but I liked it, and I bought it right, so it doesnt really matter to me.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
well i must admit... they do LOOK good.. and yea.. ive been meaning to buy one for awile... i think my next brace will bea strut brace, either the mk4 trd one.. or cusco CF bar... sexy sexy!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Thanks, Jimi. I've got few ideas from your build that i'm going to implement.
The 1000+hp fuel filter, although I'm not sure where i'm going to mount it, it's going to be somewhere easy to get at. I'm even thinking about a 20gal fuel cell, which would be cool, again, we'll see. I'm working on getting the car rolling again so I can bring it down to the bodyshop to see how out of whack the chassis is, and try to get it straightened out. if not, I'll be in the market for a shell, but let's just hope not.

Thanks, Loki. I think... ;)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Kurt: Ever get the feeling you're being watched!

Loki: LMAO now that's the sort of support and friendship that goes hand in hand with the SM Community :)

Last edited:

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
IJ. said:
Loki: LMAO now that the sort of support and friendship that goes hand in hand with the SM Community :)

I do my part, Kurt knows I like his car but it does make me miss my old car. Guess we will never get to take pics of the twins :(

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
IJ: Lol, yes I do, as a matter of fact... ::looks around::
Loki: I know it's all in good fun. I dont care a bit. I, also, am sad that we won't get pictures of the cars together.... :(
Jimi: Yes sir! Thanks a bunch. I'm sure you'll hear from me at least a few times, lol.

Also, I forgot to put a caption when I posted this picture, but I'm very excited to be rid of that g'damn ABS!! Now all I need are the non-ABS brake lines and distribution block, which I believe Toyota has discontinued :( More bad news... But the good news was that I ordered all the windshield mouldings (except for the cowl) and a new hatch seal.

Bye bye Nuclear power plant!!!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
remmber just welding the sub frame you be amzed on what that does cause see toyota did nto do good welding job back there that why that crack alot same wiht eh sub frame bushing put sloid puck in there the ride is not as bad as peolpe say it is i have em and love them

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I'm glad you mentioned that Nash, I had planned having a friend of mine Tig weld the entire subframe. All the seams, and strenghthen the differential mounting points.

What did you use for solid subframe mounts? I was thinking of having some aluminum ones made? But I am still as of yet undecided....
Fill me in, Nash. What worked for you?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Today's update.

Today I tore down the head, and am contemplating using it. There is some scouring on the cam journals, I want to see what the other head I have looks like... I hope the cam journals are good. This head appears to be cracked at that triangle-shaped hole where the thermostat housing bolts to, directly in front of the CPS... the lower stud hole is cracked straight through at the bottom. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. The damage doesn't look detrimental to the heads functionality, but, I think I'm gonna play it safe and not use it.

Last night I ordered some Comp Cams BBC Inner valve springs x24, and an anodized blue billet aluminum j-tube block off plate, since I was ordering from summitt and outofstep posted the link to it... I figured I'd splurge and go all out with my order, lol...
Next, I'm going to browse eBay and try to source some Ferrea retainers and 2JZ standard size valves.

The day at the garage basically entailed a lot of cleaning, organizing, and rearranging. The area surrounding the car is much more free to move around in, all the stuff on the ground in pics #4 and 5 (<<links) are now atop the large staging platform I built behind the car that you can see in pic 2

As of right now, my focus should be gathering up a box of random bracketry and suspension parts to be powdercoated, I still have yet to order any A-1 rear suspension arms, which I would like to get powdercoated also, I need to order one(1) front Bilstein strut, as I damaged one when I jumped a curb. I want to order some remanufactured front calipers and get those powdercoated also.

I want to get the car rolling so I can bring it to the bodyshop and put it on the frame machine. Make sure the chassis is still good, as I hit that curb pretty hard. How hard? Hard enough to bend my brand new Cusco FSTB, yet it fit perfectly in it's bent state... therefore... the chassis is obviously tweaked.

Enough of my tired 3am ranting... I'm sure I'll look at this tomorrow and go "wow... what was I doing?" lol..

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Today's update:
It's fucking cold. No progress made.
I looked at the car, but decided after I couldn't feel my fingers that it was not the time to work on the car.