Strange things found while working on Supras.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
God I have found some bizarre, strange and gross stuff in Supras.

A couple of years ago at the shop we got a MKIV in that we cleaned an entire 14 gal trash bag of rat shit out of. (And yes, we charged him out the ass for dealing with it) Car was in storage, the rats moved in and ate up the carpet, the insulation and shit and pissed all over the inside of the car. We stripped the interior, threw out the seats and carpet and sent the chassis out to be acid dipped. I can't disclose who owned it, but it's been in several magazines since.

One of my MKIII's came with rolling papers, a glass pipe, about 1/2 dozen condoms (in packages - not used), 2 or 3 joints.

In another MKIII I bought I found naked girlfriend pics of the guy who sold it to me.

One MKIV we had in the shop had an envelope under the back seat that had a letter in it saying that if you were reading this, the owner had been murdered and to call the police. The only problem was the name in the letter was the current owner of the car who had brought it in. We put it back quietly and never mentioned it to him. I'm pretty sure the dude was batshit insane, but he paid well.

Vector89T

stickerdave.com
Aug 21, 2005
Lafayette, LA
Found a double sided open end wrench 8mm/10mm stamped "TOYOTA MOTOR," paycheck stubs from a hotel, and spent Federal .45 ACP shell casings under the rear sets, about 6 or 7 rounds.

I probably don't want to know.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
When I pulled the back seat out of my '91, I found a large amount of broken safety glass. I'm guessing that the quarter window was busted out and replaced.

cwd

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Mice in the spark plug galley, red cardinal behind the grill, don't know how he got mostly thru the grill and his ass was sticking out, must have been a head on collision. :)

subjug4tor

Man up, Nancy.
May 8, 2008
DFW, texas
I found a couple beer bottle caps in my spare tire well, along with a wadded up receipt from when the PO had to get a new front bumper and hood from pick-n-pull after the car hit a pole. Kinda makes me wonder why they hit that pole....

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
found about $5 worth of change, and a card for a restaurant that said "jim, call me at xxx xxx xxxx for a good time" on the back of it lmao

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
when i bought my first turbo supra a few years ago, i found a dead cat in the back seat as well as some old ass taco bell cause when i touched the bag, it turned to dust.....the car smelled horrible...it was sitting for 3 years by the time i got ahold of it...

Pockypowah

Mar 4, 2009
North Haven, CT
Nothing really strange, but I found a wetnap the looked like it was older than the car in my glovebox when i first got it.

:p Also found in owner's hanbook thing, but in the back all of it was filled out with the original owner's information and such. -shrug-

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Well... I'll diverge from the standard discovery drivel of fries, change and tools... and piss you ALL off with what MY purchase slowly unveiled as I began to WORK on the thing...

...although I KNEW it had been "worked on", the original owner who sold it to the second owner who modified it (all in the first 22k miles) did NOT know the couple year story on what happened between the sale, being "screwed" after a handful of payments, and recovery of the car YEARS LATER in pristine condition.

I knew it had TWO 10lbs bottles of NOS, and an HKS EVC in dash, HKS Tems controller, and PFC-Fcon... what I DIDN'T know and discovered later:

- HKS Intercooler with plumbing (painted to "stealth" hide away from front and under hood)
- HKS EAC-T full suspension
- HKS BUILT A/T w/Art Carr converter
- 4.88 Precision Gear rear end
+ other properly done and COSTLY mods!

As soon as I began driving it, (this is back in 1995, mind you...) I KNEW that there was MORE to the car than initially met the eye... but it took me awhile, including calls to my "main man" at HKS at the time, to decipher the mods and receipts that came with the car.

That's right... you can HATE ME now!:biglaugh:

...14 years later, and this baby is a KEEPER!;)

PS: my story is in my "CRISPOGRAPHY..." thread.:icon_bigg

Oh yeah... I DID find a cassette case with a couple roaches and 1 joint in a lame-o Mercury Tracer Rental Car once... and of course, immediately disposed of that shit.:icon_surp

-crisp

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I found in a 87t a set of pics from the nay area of some people having sex and crack pipes. found broken pipes and some gross old rubber shit.

on mine it was beer caps, way old pot and rat shit. some super old tools thats bout it.

on SC's find with the note, lol I'm gonna do that.

Blackmk3

Apr 10, 2006
New Zealand
When first pulling the carpet out of my supra (JDM) i found some odd bits of paper with Japanese writing on it and two Japanese coins, ive got them in my save place storage lol

Also found a 12mm socket in a 7M sump i recently stripped down, it had been rebuilt

Working on a friends 1984 Mazda Cosmo once we found two Japanese condoms with Japanese writing on them and the car was imported in 1992 and we found them in 2006, But it don't count not being a supra

Ah the joys of being the dumping ground of JDM imports

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Pretty much the same here. In the back seat was the battery recently bought by the previous owner.

One day I was walking by the car and I saw a shiny metal shard poking out of the fender. Poked it around and was able to pull it out after some fumbling. Turned out to be a stubby 10mm S*K wrench! Success!

Not much else to account for that I can remember. A pencil that had the previous owner's gf's name written on it. I used it in school a few times, but since then I've kept it as a souvenir.

JERX88

MKIII OWNER
Oct 24, 2008
Cedarburg, WI
A friend and I were changing my shift boot and e-brake boot today, and when we took the dash piece out we found a mint. It was a "scripture mint" to be more precise. Along with finding the mint, I found multiple church related parts on or in my car. I have a jesus badge on the back, and found church business cards when I cleaned out the back. Maybe a holy supra?

It is strange that I find all of these christian related parts on my supra, condsidering the mk4 in the city next to mine has been spotted pulling into church a few times and we believe him to be a preist/pastor/father.

perhaps god drives a supra too?

5l_eater

I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT !
Jan 17, 2007
Maryland
i was taking my seats out my first mk3 a couple of years ago and found a bottle of ky jelly and a ripped thong ....btw it was rather large

is it me or does it seem like alot of ppl have found bud ,does this mean supra owners are pot heads?

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
JERX88;1275683 said:
It is strange that I find all of these christian related parts on my supra, condsidering the mk4 in the city next to mine has been spotted pulling into church a few times and we believe him to be a preist/pastor/father.

perhaps god drives a supra too?

LOL i found a pile of Jesus/god ads in mine to, especially in the center glovebox, and it smelled of a church when i bought it(mints & awful old woman purfume). O, i also found a blown headgasket, pretty rare i hear?