Strange things found while working on Supras.

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
While doing my pedal swap for Auto to Manual conversion. I removed the dash panel from under steering column and with the flurry of sand and debris that came sliding into my eyes came this....
wrigleys.jpg

vintage wrigleys wrapper from circa 1985

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
pulled the carpet and found some sound system components that I didn't know were there.

Also got lots of JDM dust, rocks and coins.

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
On my old 86.5 NA, I found two Toyota mechanics shirts in the trunk. Pretty sweet. I kept one and gave the other to my friend who also owned a Supra.

On my 89 I found some golf tee's in the trunk, a receipt from the early 90's for new tires, and a small blue plastic plaque that says "89 Supra". I'm wondering what that was used for.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I found a $20 bill under my rear hatch cover, but what's cool about it is that it paid for the new rear hatch cover and lunch that day! I've also found several 8, 10, 12, and 14mm sockets all around the car, so Ive got lots of spares. I'm sure I'll find more as I continue to tear everything down/out to clean it all up!

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
i've stripped nearly ever inch of my car, and now i feel hella bummed to find out i could have had ammunition, or a diamond ring :( but no i got the original window sticker from 87, a key to a chevy, probably bout 5$ in coins, some smokes, chocolate balls, glove box also had a bunch of receipts for all the repair work that had been done to it "very very well taken care of by the first 3 owners" may i put HG was never reported blown and engine was never replaced 165xxx miles :) because my jackass rode the shit out of it HAHA. found a fruit rollup wrapper in my rear bumper and the car came with the CD cake :p cruised home listening to that with the top off and passin people and listening to them honk at me lol. other than that just your usual random screws, and beer bottles left by me :) "when i work on the car"

edit: forgot i also found on i think the 2nd day of owning the supra under my seat a brand new bottle of Navy for men, which i still have because it smells like nasty french whore

Last edited:

steve1479

Oct 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
My car was imported from J-Pan, ready for JDM goodies?

Fullbook of work orders, receipts, etc... for the car.
1 Coupon for a pair of McDonalds pants (they sell pants?)
1 Box of Japanese Condoms (unused)
1 Capsul sized action figurette
1 Empty juice box size container of chocolate milk
1 New Shakan (spelling) sticker for 1995
100 Yen
1 Pack of Japanese Cigarettes
Random business cards
AND a Japanese FHM magazine from 1994

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
well i just got my 89 Sunday and first thing i did when i got home was started cleaning and i pulled the spare tire out and found like 8 different sockets 6outa 8 were craftsmen. dad found a foot long screw driver under the turbo somewhere. found a receipt behind the glove box from a body shop back in 01/20/91 rear 1/4 damage (cant see it on the car though)
i am really gonna be cleaning today since its my day off so if i find anymore ill let ya know.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
The weirdest thing I have ever found in my own car was just some golf tee's, Mine has only had 2 other owners besides myself though.

When I was working on a local kids MKIII I pulled of his stock IC and a 8mm socket fell out, I thought that was pretty odd lol.

supisarethebest

bhg all day!!!!
Feb 19, 2009
rhode island
i was pulling into my parking lot at work when i heard a cling sound outside,it was a 7 long inch drill bit that had fallen out of my fender,what the hell was that doing there!!

i also had a 1990 camry,i took the back seat out and found a massive hunting knife under the seats,that was weird.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
When I was removing my seats I found a pack of unopened orbit gum that had expanded at least 5Xs the original size of the container.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
x87SUPRA87x;1442705 said:
When I was working on a local kids MKIII I pulled of his stock IC and a 8mm socket fell out, I thought that was pretty odd lol.

Over the years I've found a total of 3 10mm wrenches in either IC's or fender elbows. :aigo:

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
When I bought mine I found a handful of change and a nail trimmer in about 3/4" of water in the little compartment behind the shifter. We called it "change soup', and now call the compartment the "Soup Bowl".

I also found that it had another BHG caused by a shitty fix of the first BHG.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I dunno if this counts as a tool or not, but I found a digital tire pressure gauge under the passenger seat. Weird stuff would be a couple of condoms (lol) in the center console under the little rubber liner thing. (lol rubber under the rubber), and I found one of those old candy pixie powder straw things in the rear hatch next to the courtesy light.

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
i took off my front fenders and 20 years worth of leaves tools and money :)

inside i found a ton of air fresheners packed in every corner and a handfull of chewed up sunflower seed under the drivers seat.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
earlier this year I found a needle nose pliers sitting on the engine that I had long a good year or two ago