Steering rack bushings

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I did mine with all lines attached. I used was a small pry bar to raise the rack up a little, and slid old out (what little remained) and put new in with a bit of effort. Getting the bushings in is not that hard, its getting everything lined up and bolting in the retainer plates that sucks.

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
I bought mines from SupraSport but the look different from one another does it matter which ones goes where? and where do u cut them i must be blind since i cant see the line

Attachments

• 1257560849561.jpg
    1257560849561.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 18

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Yes, the square sided one goes on DR side. If its anything like mine, it's precut and you can't locate the cut by eye easy. Just apply a little pressure and you will find it.

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
so basically the old bushings look like someone throw a bomb at them and the passenger side i took off the 17mm bolts with my bare hands Ooo yea it was nice a tight lloll:3d_frown:

i had a lil fitment issue put i quickly saw my error!:nono: pretty much changeing theses bushings alone, at 11p.m, with 2 jackstands, while laying on my back wasn't too bad ...

oo yea and holding the DaM flashlight with my Mouth! the few cuts and curse words later my steering was back to haveing very lil free play:love:

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 26
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: