Star Trek Movie - Love it? Hate it?

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Termionator looks excellent, I picked up the xbox game its pretty good, uses a gears of war style gameplay engine so if you like gears you will probably enjoy this, its a prequel to the film so no spoilers in it either.

Transformers 2 will more than likely be good if you liked the first, if you like old school transformers u may as well kill michael bay LOL

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I am an Oldschool Transformers fan and loved the first movie. He's bringing in the Fallen, and only true TF fans even know who that is.

As far as "plot holes" James T. Kirk can do anything, TOS should have made that obvious. However, if you want to get all serious, Kirk should have died from an alien STD before the end of season one.;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I enjoyed Enterprise too after really watching it.

Tried to watch it casually when it was first on TV and I hated it. Once I was able to sit down and watch it as a series I really liked it.

Oh, and on Transformers. I was a hater at the beginning, but I really do understand why he changed the design of them. He wanted to make them more realistic and be able to move fluidly. If they had huge pieces of "kibble" hanging off them like the original toys, they wouldn't have been able to do it, and it would have been one of those terrible live action versions of a cartoon that fails miserably.

He tied in a lot of Generation 1 stuff, but as there are so many different versions of Transformers (many that most people don't even know about), he had a lot of source material and could build upon it in it's own universe.

I also dig the Transformers Animated show, but yet again, hated it at first as it seemed to be drawn shitty but it was just a different style that I really like (and the toys actually look like the cartoon!)

walkertx2008

Vivian is a bad Bitch
Oct 1, 2008
Robins Air Force Base, GA
i saw the movie a couple of days ago and thought it was great, and i loved the fact that they got Leonard Nimoy to play the old Spock, that was awesome. and i also have this to say...

My other car is the:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

just for shits and giggles

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
One word discribes this movie: Epic.

They hit every mark with the characters if you're a big fan of classic Trek... Bones was spot on DeForest Kelly, Kirk shared the same "Fire all weapons! then when everything is dead or dieing, we'll ask a couple questions" attitude... the kinship between Bones, Kirk, and Spock was central to the whole movie coming together.

Don't harp some crap about the movie being a "Load of old shit"... regardless of if it's some old ideas rethought into new ideas or just new stuff altogether, it was enough to get the Enterprise out there and blow some shit up... which is all a decent episode of Trek needs to get moving. Watch a movie that is ALL story line and no relationship/character development (like shoot 'em up), then watch one that is all relationship/character development (Meet Joe Black)... then try to find a happy medium and see where it ends up. Any good trek series stays towards the relationship/character development end of the spectrum because that's the only part that stays on after each episode... since the movies are based on the series, the movies must follow suit as such.

My point is that Trek is, and should be, about the characters and how they face the challenges presented... As long as the challenges are reasonably believable in the Trek universe, I think it's solid gold. Nothing in the new movie was out of the realm of imagination because they started off with some timetravel and re-wrote some history, muddled some details, and had fun with it. They breathed some new life with the series and not the same ol' crap that Nemisis brought about.

Speaking of which, Picard's clone and some alien race of half-breed romulans with a big fucking ship and some radiation shit just doesn't cut it, sorry... that was just too far out of nowhere. And killing Data? Screw you Stuart Baird, and screw your hat and your dog too. That was like killing Scotty... fuck you man!