Sports Bike....I have questions.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ric said:
how is a 1000cc gsxr more dangerous then a 500cc ninja? Its not.

The only thing dangerous about a motorcycle is the person sitting on it acting like a retard.

you can ride a busa in 35mph traffic all day long just as easy as a 50cc moped with no more effort.

You're denser than the bottom of the ocean.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
hmm I don't know shit about bikes.. But I can guess that the 1000cc shit will be way to fast for a noob which in turn will harm that person. Where as a 500cc isn;t as fast/powerful so it can be more controlled.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
how is it more dangerous? Following legal speed limits and traffic laws they are exactly the same. Actually the 500 is probably harder to take off in traffic due to lower power and might cause a n00b to stall out.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Its not the speed. it is the power. like a high HP car. a noob will spin tires for days with out control. where you give him a low hp car he cant do shit.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
BorHor said:
hmm I don't know shit about bikes.. But I can guess that the 1000cc shit will be way to fast for a noob which in turn will harm that person. Where as a 500cc isn;t as fast/powerful so it can be more controlled.

a 1000cc is SOO much more touchy, and you can get going SOOO much faster... so much quicker.. even with restraint.....its VERY easy to get in trouble.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
BorHor said:

a 1000cc bike is only fast if you redline it. ride around in normal rpms, and its just as tame as a scooter. if your cruising around in 1st gear on a 1000cc bike at 1500rpms and nail it, imagine turbo lag. your not going anywhere til you get at least 7k.

As i said. You can do 45mph in 6th gear, or 75 in 1st. The choice is yours.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ric said:
how is it more dangerous? Following legal speed limits and traffic laws they are exactly the same. Actually the 500 is probably harder to take off in traffic due to lower power and might cause a n00b to stall out.

Maybe they should start giving driver's training to 15 year old kids in Z06s.

You can't be this dumb.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Ric said:
how is it more dangerous? Following legal speed limits and traffic laws they are exactly the same.

Thats like saying
"give the new driver a top fuel dragster.....as long as he has restraint he can handle it... I would have given him a VW bug... but why waste money?"

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
dumb? far from it. I am under the assumption that people are not fucking retarded.

I cant help you if your the personality that will do 120 in a 45 zone. Your going to die no matter what you have. All bikes no matter what size are 100% safe. Some people can handle the power, some cant. What does that have to do with the safety of a bike? nothing, because not everyones fucking retarded and does 100 the first week they buy a motorcycle.

Supra Junky 101

89 1JZ.
Apr 4, 2005
NH
You're the reason why my bike insurance is so high you jackass. It has nothing to do with people taking it easy on bikes. I agree with you(Scary thought) That you can get hurt on any bike BUT Smaller bikes are generally easier to handle, more forgiving,. Hence learning, on a smaller bike. Something that you can control,

Doesnt make you any better of a rider learning on a liter bike, Your friend who passed away in HS , was he wearing his gear, was he going to fast ? Did he have any formal motorcycle training. Had he ever been on one before, People get killed everyday, some have been riding for 10 days, some 10 years.

And Ive put 26k miles on my 05 600F4i, so I think I can be in this thread

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
OneJoeZee said:
I'm out. Ric, you are an idiot. It's amazing Darwin hasn't taken you out of the gene pool yet.

Please get a vasectomy and don't breed.

QFT...

Please nuder yourself.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
bikes are safe, its the idiots that sit on them that cause unintentional suicide. The NHTSA wouldnt let a motorcycle be sold for public use if it was unsafe and unfit for use.

Same thing goes for guns. Guns are 100% safe. They even have safety features that provent accidental discharge. Guns don't kill people. A gun just doesnt wake up one day and decide to shoot someone. A guy riding a motorcycle just doesnt die one day because the bike decided to do 120 into a school bus. Dont blame the equipment when it's the users fault.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
BorHor said:
You're not getting the point.

The point is, no matter what you buy, you can die just as quick. Your not going to live longer because you purchased a 600cc bike over the 1000. Your not going to be a better rider starting off on a 250cc compared to the guy who started off on the 1300. The only thing thats going to keep you alive is you and you only. Whats between your legs has zero factor on your lifespan as a human being. The only thing that effects that is the gray matter in your skulll and the decisions you make while sitting on that seat.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I would recommend starting out with something smaller. If you have no prior experience on a motor bike, then even more so.
I started out by jumping right on a 750, and I attribute good self control to me never have any problems (yet). I hardly push the thing and it is stupid fast. Like CK said some bikes are "crazy fast", so fast that you don't have a use for 'em IMHO.
When riding, I think of all the idiots out there who may be riding a bike just as fast or faster then mine, with no self control, or control of there bike. For instance, about a week ago, two younger guys (like high school) on new bikes (r6 and ~k5 gsxr600) came through a local bikers haven I was at. It was apparent they had little experience, and when they left they damn near stalled the things and over-reved shifting, just shitty control. That's where having a more forgiving bike is helpful.

Im not telling you what to do, Im just giving you my honest $.02.