Sound Deadening Weight & Measure!

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
suprarx7nut said:
-Now if you jumped in your F1 car and hit the skid pad, when you turned you could accelerate yourself sideways at 4 TIMES that force of gravity you felt when falling off the zipline.

An F1 car would not attain 4g's on a skid pan because it would be relying totaly on mechanical grip so would more than likely only achive slightly better numbers than the Caterham. F1 cars only pull 4g's when they are fully loaded with downforce in high speed bends, at the Becketts complex at Silverstone the driver momenterally sees 9g's as he changes direction at 170mph.

Back on topic, I have the carpet out of my car at the moment because it was soaking wet. I can't really say the car is much louder without the carpet.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
SySt said:
More than 1 G of lateral acceleration is possible with no downforce. A frictional coefficient is just that, co-efficient. To really understand how/why a tires grips you need to dig deeper. No tire has just a given coefficient of friction. Search "Pacejka" on google and you'll see how complicated just simulating a tire can be.

They seem to have left out the lateral section.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
When my other car had it removed i didnt notice it maybe because

I had no cat and the engine/exhaust was normaly loud.

I had a lot of sirens behind me because you know the 1JZ haves no torque & is missing .5ltrs and cant rev or anything like that.

Then there is your avg stereo that washes the noise out.

Also there is external sound deadoning i left in that goes around the tunnel and on top of that the supra is a 3500lb tank that haves so many layers of steel on its not like a tin roof in a hale storm.

Me personaly i like a little engine noise here and there like when i open the engine up I like the sound of a cat getting raped. It kinda turns me on Am i alone on this?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
Me personaly i like a little engine noise here and there like when i open the engine up I like the sound of a cat getting raped. It kinda turns me on Am i alone on this?

No, but I don't know what that has to do with taking out any of the interior.

I can hear my engine/exhaust just fine with the windows up or down.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Bathory said:
Yea, scraping useless tar off the floorboards will destroy supras, but parting them out because they have a bit of rust on them will not...

Thank you for saying that...part outs happen too much...:cry:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
emiliorescigno said:
Thank you for saying that...part outs happen too much...:cry:

personally, i think part-outs are a great thing, unless people are parting out perfectly good cars with just one problem another person is willing to fix...like rod knock...

it gives the rest of us a chance to get resonably-priced replacement parts that we otherwise couldnt get. and since there are so many other supra owners, the level of part outs seems fitting...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! 2 posts to 1000!! hehe