Slow's build: Wheelie Bar Equipped

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The primary pipe will always be + a couple of degrees compared to the collector so soon as the motor makes temp the pipes will expand and lock in place and seal.

In the old days when using a cast header I'd use this type of joint to minimise cracking.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Slow66 said:
The runners aren't welded to the collector. It is a double slip fit and the runners are bolted to the collector. Some pics to help show what i mean....

runner with outer slip to the left, collector to the right
01100022.jpg

tabs are welded to the runner and the collector to facilitate bolting together....kinda like this...(only not so far apart)
dynosys_assy.jpg

Make better sense?:)

What is burns?

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
whats with all this damn progress? im prob gonna move mine to the new shop tomorrow, unfortunately there will be no progress 'till were settled in... :1zhelp:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Slow66 said:
The runners aren't welded to the collector. It is a double slip fit and the runners are bolted to the collector. Some pics to help show what i mean....

runner with outer slip to the left, collector to the right

tabs are welded to the runner and the collector to facilitate bolting together....kinda like this...(only not so far apart)

Make better sense?:)

ah so...that is a very well designed system.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
adampecush said:
ah so...that is a very well designed system.

I figure the pics would do a better job explaining than just some words on the screen.....Especially with me typing them ;)

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
suprarich said:
Slow, you going to use the springs on your collector?

Rich, no springs, planning on bolts.

ma70tt said:
whats with all this damn progress? im prob gonna move mine to the new shop tomorrow, unfortunately there will be no progress 'till were settled in...

I need to get me a real shop, unfortunately the finances aren't there yet and i have to many bills to take the risk...

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
looking great. ive been watching your build slowly, and its killing me. these long builds keep everyone in suspense for so long. check out this build on supraforums.....

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388456

and for those of you too lazy to read the thread, its supposed to be a all show 900whp uz series toyota v8 twin turbo engine. hes decided to go th400. don't worry though, i like yours better slow!
its more pure to the car nut. im not much for show cars

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
NJsupraA70 said:
Happy B-Day!

Thanks!

7Mboost said:
How is that manifold coming? :)

Haven't even touched it to be honest. I need a couple more bends, and i havent felt like spending the $$ yet as i might have an opportunity at another supra that needs some minor work as a street/strip car, much like my old maroon one. I might pick it up and put a couple dollars into it so that i'll at least have a supra to race next year. The Drag Supra needs at least $7k more to be finished, so i don't see it being done for this season, unless i sell the bike :)

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
My friend will be working for Burns when he graduates this Spring. He'll probably have to do squaw work and answer the phones for a month but after that he'll get his hands dirty. Burns Stainless makes tons of great stuff, I wish that I could afford it, maybe after I graduate this year I'll have more money in the bank.

btw, your manifold looks amazing!