SILV07

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don't have pics, but as of midnight here were some results.

I'll just summarize the better runs. Many people were lined up to run again, so the times might have gotten even better. It was SUPER cold for Vegas.

ARZ - 11.7x
bigaaron - 13.9 @ 111
jawsgear - 11.99
tyler big turbo 7m -
dave (driftmotion) auto 1j - 13.5
black 1j auto - 15.4 15.3
cruz (final stage blue) - 12.15
silver 1j stock 5 speed - 14.1 @ 98
tony (final stage orange) - 10.27 @ 129

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
935motorsports said:
I don't have pics, but as of midnight here were some results.

I'll just summarize the better runs. Many people were lined up to run again, so the times might have gotten even better. It was SUPER cold for Vegas.

ARZ - 11.7x
bigaaron - 13.9 @ 111
jawsgear - 11.99
tyler big turbo 7m -
dave (driftmotion) auto 1j - 13.5
black 1j auto - 15.4 15.3
cruz (final stage blue) - 12.15
silver 1j stock 5 speed - 14.1 @ 98
tony (final stage orange) - 10.27 @ 129

Thanks for the feedback. :) I called Brian (slow66) today to hear results but nobody ran yet. What did RREV run in the red Supra?

Duane

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
On the last pass of the night tony went 9.9x at 129. RRev broke against tony ..I think they lost the trans It was a great time .. Thanks to 935 For the use of tools in the parking lot and thanks Big Arron for the part to fix it . We broke a driveline in the semi finals ... It was nice to put faces with names .Get your car going SLOW so we can go drifting in texas..

Jason

Last edited:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
upgradedsupra said:
Thanks for the feedback. :) I called Brian (slow66) today to hear results but nobody ran yet. What did RREV run in the red Supra?

Duane

RREv was bouncin all over the track first run, pulled up to run the second time but backed out. then had a small fire the third run. not sure after that.

oh and Supranick?

14.5 :rofl:

in his defense he didnt break anything and his clutch gave up the ghost in third gear.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Tun_x said:
On the last pass of the night tony went 9.9x at 129. RRev broke against tony ..I think they lost the trans It was a great time .. Thanks to 935 For the use of tools in the parking lot and thanks Big Arron for the part to fix it . We broke a driveline in the semi finals ... It was nice to put faces with names .Get your car going SLOW so we can go drifting in texas..

Jason

What did you run Jason?

Dang! I was hoping for a 7 for the RREV car :(

Congrats to Tony! Is he running a glide or a TH400?

Duane

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
upgradedsupra said:

Duane

yea, really sucked rrev couldent do anything. made a lot of people in the stands pissed as well.

Tony was amazing... that guy is good.

also, props to Andy (ARZ) he ran some good times. dissapointed I didnt get to ride in it though!

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
upgradedsupra said:
What did you run Jason?

Duane
Its a glide

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
I didn't take the car down .. Still waiting on my cam gears to be finished machining

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
Ckanderson said:
oh and Supranick?

14.5 :rofl:

in his defense he didnt break anything and his clutch gave up the ghost in third gear.

haha for real!!

all i wanted this vegas was 13's. a 13.99 was enough for me to retire the car for the year. but just couldnt do it this time. its always something.

first pass off the line i had no traction with street tires in 1st or second. my clutch felt liked it slipped as soon as the turbo hit in 3rd on the first pass. wasnt sure till my second pass with drag radials when i finallyu go tot third and saw the revs shoot to redline and the speedo stayed at 80mph! same when i threw it in to 4th gear. :(

so babied the car home just now and NEVER went into boost the entire way. so CK is on the lookout for a clutch for me now to hold the power. :)

ill have pics and my burrito wrap up by tomorrow! :)

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Poodles said:
there where pictures up by now for the TX meets... and I don't want to go to the "other" forum

I'm thinking we drank a lot more then they did at the Texas meet, everyone is probably still sleeping! :biglaugh:

Vegas was great!

Dave was making it look easy with a stock auto 1jz and 235 snow tires running about a 13.5 all night. At the end of the night there was about a 50mph headwind, so I'm sure thet hurt the trap speeds a little.
I finally got one halfway ok launch on my last run for a 13.5 at 111mph. :biglaugh:
Andy's 7m 240z is crazy fast!!! 11.xx iirc
Big props to the Final Stage guys running a sub 10 sec pass!!! (I forget the actual number) The turbo on their 7m was insanely huge!

We hung out with a bunch of cool people and everybody was having a great time. We saw ARZ, simpsons7s, CK, the 818 Crew, 935, Element256, SupraSport, Javier, DLM, Jawsgear, SupraNick, Brian, Zerocool, Sean and Izzy, Supramike7m, and a bunch more people who I am forgetting. They all made this Vegas meet the most fun one I have been to. Everybody was smiling and laughing for pretty much the whole 3 days we were there. I talked to people who came in from all over the US, even as far as Florida!

Keith and the crew did a great job organizing everything, all the events seemed to come off without a hitch! We were proud to be a sponsor of SILV!
(I need to call Keith because we forgot our banner at the awards.:biglaugh:)

Thanks to the other Aaron and Jordan for all their help!

Last edited:

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Silv this year was a blast even though I couldn't bring my supra but it was great to meet and hang out Chris aka Ckandersonn, Bigaaron, Arz aka Andy, Jose, Joe, Nick and Kieth.

Friday night had to be the funnest nights despite the fact there is some video of me after the awards ceremony pretty lit and yelling disturbing things into a video camera :nono: :naughty:...

I hope next year can be just as fun if not funner!

My good friend Tyler dynoed 470rwhp on the dyno with stock bottom end and ran constant low 12s at the track all night when last week we spent 4 days putting his car back together after the built motor blew...

I herd Tony at final stage broke into a 9!?!?!

SirLoki

Aug 8, 2007
Fullerton
SupraNick said:
haha for real!!

all i wanted this vegas was 13's. a 13.99 was enough for me to retire the car for the year. but just couldnt do it this time. its always something.

first pass off the line i had no traction with street tires in 1st or second. my clutch felt liked it slipped as soon as the turbo hit in 3rd on the first pass. wasnt sure till my second pass with drag radials when i finallyu go tot third and saw the revs shoot to redline and the speedo stayed at 80mph! same when i threw it in to 4th gear. :(

so babied the car home just now and NEVER went into boost the entire way. so CK is on the lookout for a clutch for me now to hold the power. :)

ill have pics and my burrito wrap up by tomorrow! :)

+2

i had the same problem with mike's car on the track,..... turns out a 12kg rear spring rate is really not ideal for drag racing, i thought my clutch burned out also when i went down the track. Nick took the car out the last practice run and there is just no traction with the suspension setup, i lined up with Eric the first run and he smoked me haha....

thanks for the battery tie down though Eric!!

i had a lot of fun and the car runs really good

it was awesome hanging out with everyone and i appreciate all the kind words about Mike at the show and shine...... and Paris Hilton was drunk as fuck at luxor, I think Ronnie had a hard on when she came walking out.