Silicone or OEM hoses?

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
I'm wondering if Silicone hoses would last a little longer under the hood than the stock rubber hoses?? What's everyone's take? Thanks.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
What does everyone think of Hose Techniques hoses? They seem to have a kit for our cars??

Besides the radiator, I'm looking for silicone hoses to replace all my vacuum hoses that seem to crack too quickly.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Supra469;1157644 said:
What does everyone think of Hose Techniques hoses? They seem to have a kit for our cars??

Besides the radiator, I'm looking for silicone hoses to replace all my vacuum hoses that seem to crack too quickly.

They are quality, I think they just give you a bunch of hoses with different sizes but they are quality.

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
^^--True, I bought a set for my non-turbo a few years back. They send you lengths of all the sizes you need for vacuum and some extra to cover other things in the engine compartment you want to match. they also send you a plastic cigar cutter (for lack of a better description) to cut the hoses straight and I think there were also color matched zip ties.

All are still working well on the car.

Brian

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
^^^^X3, I just got the Hose Techniques and they are great, although I picked up the jet black for more OEM look, too bad NGK don't make their plug wires black.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Poodles;1157967 said:
Seen so many vacuum leaks from silicone vacuum hoses that I won't touch em... You HAVE to zip tie every connection.

So are you saying the stock rubber hoses don't leak and you don't have to zip tie or secure them?

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Poodles;1157967 said:
Seen so many vacuum leaks from silicone vacuum hoses that I won't touch em... You HAVE to zip tie every connection.

What i'm going for is hopefully the silicone hoses providing more realibility/durability than the stock hoses. Seems like the stock hoses are cracking way too easily or quickly.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Supra469;1165162 said:
What i'm going for is hopefully the silicone hoses providing more realibility/durability than the stock hoses. Seems like the stock hoses are cracking way too easily or quickly.

ummm no.

They MIGHt be cracking way to easily as they are 16+ year old!!

Brand new they last a long time even in the MKIII Supra underhood oven.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
can't you just use those spring type clamps? (not sure of their exact name but you have to get plyers to squeeze them and move them or to get them off)

like the ones that i have seen in my engine bay like the one that connect the vacuum hose to the bov