SHUT UP AND VOTE! to help me chose a new car!

Which CAR?

• Total voters

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
hah. I do like the look of m3's but the insurance on them is a little higher then i was hopein to spend.. (500 every 6 months)

plus.. i still havent driven one yet.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Ckanderson said:
hah. I do like the look of m3's but the insurance on them is a little higher then i was hopein to spend.. (500 every 6 months)

plus.. i still havent driven one yet.

Mitsubish GTO Twin-Turbo ftw? :love: hehehe...

This one sold in UK for 7000 pounds, which is probably 11-12k? Don't know how many there are for you guys in LHD but i'm sure there would be some.

I'm more after one like this

which is the Series 1 GTO TwinTurbo's to come out.

If any of you guys have seen the BMI series there is a clip were the Supra RZ even can't keep up with the GTO TwinTurbo on the straights... for pure pulling power.

Last edited:

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
mk2 mr2 turbo, dont knwo the year, and many many different s2000's of different years including '06 models. i've had both on a damn near "race course" and the s2k surprised the shit out of me everytime. personally, i think hondas are a huge waste of time to modify or what ever, but the s2k has my respect. maybe not so fast in a line, but that thing can handle.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
SupraDreamPDR said:
M3 or SC300... not sure how the insurance would be on them though.

the cobra is so expensive that a 2005 ferrari 360 is only 23 dollars more every six months.

m3 is about 100 dollars cheaper every 6 months. all seem to hover in the 400-450 every 6 months.

yaitsme

Beach Bum
Mar 2, 2006
Cheatham County, TN
Daily Drivin' an '01 Lude, here .... (not the SH, though).

Cheap to operate and maintain: sure
Fun to drive factor: not so much

While I enjoy our little Honda, I wouldn't buy another ... an S2k, now ... well ...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
sc300 with a NA-T or the 1j gets my vote, because the altima isnt on that list.
02-06 altima 2.5s. great gas milage, and they are suprisingly quick for a 4 banger(with the same displacement as the 1j). there is a ton of room in there, ive had skis, snowboards, whitewater kayacks (6'11") in there with room for 3 people, and they make some nice goodies for it(turbo :naughty:) each tank i am able to pull about 350-400ish miles out of it, and i dont go easy on the gas that much. they also look sexy lowered with a nice set of big wheels.

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
id go with the m3, you would still be rolling in a very nice and comfortable with speed if you wanted it, you could always through a dinan supercharger on it something of that nature as well. m3's just look sexy plain and simple

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
LuvMySilverSupra said:
mk2 mr2 turbo,

We're talking about the third generation. Which handles better than s2000s. Hell, mine handles a bazillion times better than SupraCentral's MKIV Supra with springs.

THAT was a funny night.

I flew around a corner, and SupraCentral in the Supra, assuming that "Hey, it's a MKIV. They'll handle anything..."

Nearly completely lost it around the corner. Mostly ended up 4-wheel drifting. Oops.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
It didn't help that I was running on ice cold R compounds as well... But my turn became a very dramatic 4 wheel drift with me going down the road sideways. LOL.

But yea, that damned MR2 can out handle a MKIV setup for road racing easily. At TX2K3 or 4 (can't rember which) Damien was the fastest thing on the track.

Driving that little bastard is just like driving a go-cart.