Show Me Your Sub Setups

N

NDBoost

Just ordered a sub/amp setup for my supra. Just wanting to see pics of how you guys mounted your amp and subs?

Its 1 12" sub in a carpetted box and a 400watt single channel amp. Just trying to get ideas on how to mount it and make it look good but still keep the ability to move the box forward when the targa is off.

edit:
The amp/sub is some cheapy brand visionik got it for a good deal so i cant complain:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5364.html

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
fuck systems. i have a amp mounted on one back seet and a alpine typr r 12. the box fuckin slides around and cracked the fuck out of the lil door thing where the jack is. but as of now my 12 is blown and its wierd cuz i barely use it. anywyas it was cool when i got it but after a while i didnt even use it and turned it on played it hard and it blew. so i am gettin a new speaker and it will sit just like it always did. anywyas post up pics nd.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
i have my sub in the fuckin space where the fuckin back seat used to be
romps like a mutha fucker
dont have to worry about the amps because thier fuckin mounted to the fuckin rear wood
fuckin fuck fucketty fuck fuck fuck

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Here's my complete setup:

Alpine CDA-9805 Head-Unit
Alpine V-Power 4-Channel 360w Amp
Alpine V-Power 1-Channel 700w Amp
Infinity 5.25" Speakers up Front
Infinity 4" Speakers in Rear
Focal 11" Subwoofer

Pictures:
interior2.jpg

trunk.jpg

subwoofer.jpg

amps.jpg

N

NDBoost

for once someone posting pics of their setup. Sweet nice job Jeff i read on SF about some people doing what you did. I take it the spare tired still fits in aswell?

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
JL 10W6, soundstream amp, 10 disc changer, and room for crap.

Attachments

• i-red_dragon_post_polish_032.jpg
    i-red_dragon_post_polish_032.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 342

Red Dragon

Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
Jeff Lange said:
What happens when you want to put people back there? :p

Simple, I rip all that stereo gear out real quick and throw the rear seats I have sitting in garbage bags in the garage back in, takes no more than 2 hours tops!! :biglaugh:

Seriously, since the car isn't a DD, I'm thinking of putting the seats back in and taking out the spare and doing something like yourself in the wheel well. I see you managed to keep your spare, but I was thinking of using all that space for a box and a nice fat 12 back there.... of course thats like no. 58 of 150 things I want/need to do to the car.....

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
That's pretty impressive RD. Did you build that whole thing yourself?

I would contribute but I don't have a stereo...

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
mkIIIman089 said:
That's pretty impressive RD. Did you build that whole thing yourself?

If he did I'm buying him a plane ticket, some plywood, and a jigsaw because that's near perfection!

Red Dragon

Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
Sadly no I cannot claim credit for that, thats how it was when I bought it....:naughty: But the guy I bought it from did do it himself. Its just two boards, and then the center support that the changer is mounted to. There is a piano hinge on the flip top, so I can drop that down and then have a completely flat surface from right behind the seats to the back of the car, it is very solid.