San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
One small step for man, one big step for Rufus.
Today I installed my oil pump and pump shaft. Slowly but surely I'm gonna get there.
Here's a couple of pics. I didn't snap any pics before cleaning parts, but they were dirty.

059v.jpg

056rw.jpg

I wrapped her back up and turned off the lights. Next time I'm going to get to the rear main seal, and start with the front cover plates and all. I'll see how far I get then.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1497098 said:
One small step for man, one big step for Rufus.
Today I installed my oil pump and pump shaft. Slowly but surely I'm gonna get there.
Here's a couple of pics. I didn't snap any pics before cleaning parts, but they were dirty.

059v.jpg

056rw.jpg

I wrapped her back up and turned off the lights. Next time I'm going to get to the rear main seal, and start with the front cover plates and all. I'll see how far I get then.
Hey is that a new oil pump? If so where did you get it from? and how much?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I actually bought that pump used from another member here. He had only put on around 700miles on it and decided to go 2jz.
The pick up and supply tubes are my old ones. I just soda blasted, cleaned with soapy water, and blow dried those pipes. I have my older pump you can have. It did fine when my car ran. Just the usual low pressure at idle, but bumps up once the rpms come up. I can check the specs on it per TSRM to see if it's good. I never shimmed it. Would you like it? I can make it look purdy too.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1497158 said:
I actually bought that pump used from another member here. He had only put on around 700miles on it and decided to go 2jz.
The pick up and supply tubes are my old ones. I just soda blasted, cleaned with soapy water, and blow dried those pipes. I have my older pump you can have. It did fine when my car ran. Just the usual low pressure at idle, but bumps up once the rpms come up. I can check the specs on it per TSRM to see if it's good. I never shimmed it. Would you like it? I can make it look purdy too.

Thanks, but I'll buy a new one. I just thoght that you might know a good place to buy one.

Looking good, Making progress. Looks like that blaster worked great.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Suprapowaz!(2);1497158 said:

so you have a blaster huh? lol every single part on my car is dirty...REALLY dirty. I bought the car with an oil leak somewhere and so thats everywhere and there just gunk caked on everything. I dont think the car was touched in anyway since 1989 lol
Oh and i got my head off today...yep BHG lol

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
tsavenged;1497219 said:
so you have a blaster huh? lol every single part on my car is dirty...REALLY dirty. I bought the car with an oil leak somewhere and so thats everywhere and there just gunk caked on everything. I dont think the car was touched in anyway since 1989 lol
Oh and i got my head off today...yep BHG lol

for the gunk your talking about i would use simple green or a similar degreaser.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
san supra;1497253 said:
for the gunk your talking about i would use simple green or a similar degreaser.

rly? then ill have to grab some oil eater cleaner degreaser. this stuff is the shit! the only place ive seen it is pepboys and its in a white bottle. my buddy used it on a rotor and rotor housing he found at a junk yard. he wanted to clean it up and turn it into a clock. so he picked up some of this stuff and sprayed it down and you could just see it fall right off the rotor. then we power washed it to hell on the highest setting and sprayed it down again and the oil and crap still just poured off like nothing....

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
tsavenged;1497275 said:
rly? then ill have to grab some oil eater cleaner degreaser. this stuff is the shit! the only place ive seen it is pepboys and its in a white bottle. my buddy used it on a rotor and rotor housing he found at a junk yard. he wanted to clean it up and turn it into a clock. so he picked up some of this stuff and sprayed it down and you could just see it fall right off the rotor. then we power washed it to hell on the highest setting and sprayed it down again and the oil and crap still just poured off like nothing....

I just cleaned my engine bay last week, and I used gunk it worked great. the pics are a couple of pages back.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
fml...
well i definitely wont be making it to chachos.
i fixed my head gasket and everything was going great!
and a couple hours after that i was driving home and my car shut off...
i coasted about a 1/4 mile off the highway into a gas station and started her up
all you can hear is loud ass rod knock!! loud! and it barely idles...
so we towed it back to my buddies house and now ive got to try to find a way to get to work so i can save up for a new motor....
im trying desperately to sell my rx-7 its not close to being street legal but it has a brand new motor and runs very well just needs a carb tune which is brand new as well, and has a perfect body; not that im trying to pitch a sale to you guys or anything... ;)

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
tsavenged;1498078 said:
fml...
well i definitely wont be making it to chachos.
i fixed my head gasket and everything was going great!
and a couple hours after that i was driving home and my car shut off...
i coasted about a 1/4 mile off the highway into a gas station and started her up
all you can hear is loud ass rod knock!! loud! and it barely idles...
so we towed it back to my buddies house and now ive got to try to find a way to get to work so i can save up for a new motor....
im trying desperately to sell my rx-7 its not close to being street legal but it has a brand new motor and runs very well just needs a carb tune which is brand new as well, and has a perfect body; not that im trying to pitch a sale to you guys or anything... ;)

Damn... It's always somthing with these 20 year old cars. That sux bro. Sorry to hear that. Let us know when you get back on the road.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
yea ill definitely let you know. and if anyone finds or sees any local deals for a 7mge or 7mgte let me know. ill definitely be on the lookout i rly need to keep my budget under 1000.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
well if you want to be cheap and you didnt ruin your crank like i did with rod knock, i have a stock set of clevitte bearings that you could slip in there for $25 (im sure the ass that sold them to me charged way more). :3d_frown:

pics of the rx7!

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
san supra;1498109 said:
well if you want to be cheap and you didnt ruin your crank like i did with rod knock, i have a stock set of clevitte bearings that you could slip in there for $25 (im sure the ass that sold them to me charged way more). :3d_frown:

pics of the rx7!

will some clevitte bearings fix the rod knock?

and i dont know if i can post a link to craigslist in here so ill just copy paste the ad to here

I have a first-gen RX-7 up for sale.
This car has a perfectly straight body and fresh paint.
The motor is "brand new" and has no miles on it.
The motor was rebuilt with re manufactured parts from Mazda including carburetor.
It starts up and runs and idles well. Carburetor just needs a little tune and all you need is a screwdriver to do it.
Transmission runs through all gears perfectly and clutch is also brand new.
Oil was just changed, new spark plugs and wires, fresh clean brake fluid.
Interior is in rough condition; some parts will be included in a box, I'm sure you could very easily find the rest of the parts you need here on the site.
All A/C components are still intact and included, just needs a belt. This thing even still has the cold start box.
Tail lights will also be included; just haven't installed them yet.
All glass has been replaced since I took the picture.
Side mirrors and sunroof will be included as well and are painted to match.
I've lost interest in this car and this is a great deal for anyone looking for a first gen.
I also have a brand new never opened master kit of energy suspension bushings that I will throw in.
1500 OBO NO TRADES VERY NEGOTIABLE
The only trade I will except is for a mk3 supra with a good strong running motor. 7mge or 7mgte, or just the motor and tranny. Trade accepted depending on condition.

Also if need be for you nitpickers out there I can take pictures since installing the glass and I will also wash the car and take the picture on a sunny day to show off the brand new paint and amazing body work (it was rainy, gloomy and cloudy the day I took those pics. )

You can contact me anytime call/txt/email at (210) 683-4899, and please specify if you are from the forum or you could of course just PM me here it'd just take longer

I would very very much prefer to keep this local, but I will consider shipping it. (I've never messed with it before so I'd need help and it would of course be at the buyers cost) but either way if you live a mile away or across the country it will need to be towed as it is not street legal

And for anyone that is actually interested I will be there to help with the car; that includes working on it and finding parts for it, ive got the hook up for some parts especially those interior ones...lol

Pics click on em to make em bigger

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
new bearings on your rods is a band-aid fix.

rod knock is when your old bearings where out to the point that there is too much clearance and now the rod and bearing knock against each other instead of rotating smoothly. New bearings should make up that gap that was created and get rid of the knock but this is a very fingers crossed kinda fix.

i got rod knock after going mhg and i rebuilt my whole motor.

i don know your situation so i just offered the bearings to you.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
san supra;1498371 said:
new bearings on your rods is a band-aid fix.

rod knock is when your old bearings where out to the point that there is too much clearance and now the rod and bearing knock against each other instead of rotating smoothly. New bearings should make up that gap that was created and get rid of the knock but this is a very fingers crossed kinda fix.

i got rod knock after going mhg and i rebuilt my whole motor.

i don know your situation so i just offered the bearings to you.

ohh that makes sense, the coolant in the oil is what wears down those bearings i would assume and thats why after fixing BHG some people get rod knock

hmm well ill have to think about it, if i get rid of the rx7 im definitely getting a new motor, this ones pissing me off lol

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
tsavenged;1498376 said:
ohh that makes sense, the coolant in the oil is what wears down those bearings i would assume and thats why after fixing BHG some people get rod knock

hmm well ill have to think about it, if i get rid of the rx7 im definitely getting a new motor, this ones pissing me off lol

go 2jz na-t!