San antonio

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
moonpie33;1482015 said:
hey any of yall san antone guys have a extra crank pulley for a 7m
im building a 7mgte for a mk2 wooooo

need one really bad though

I have two blocks lying around. I'll check them tomorrow, and let you know.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
moonpie33;1482015 said:

I have an unorthodox aluminum crank pulley with a jacked up keyway slot & walled out hole you can have. If you know of a machine shop that could weld and repair it you might find it worthwhile. Just note that everybody frowns upon running a non-dampning crank pulley. Tends to ruin the rod&main bearings they say.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
moonpie33;1482015 said:

I have one you'll have to pull it off the block though.

Oh man you guys think putting in a starter on a 7mgte is bad you should try a 1jz IT IS A PITA:: angry :: It took me and my bro in law all of 5 hrs.

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1483185 said:
I have one you'll have to pull it off the block though.

Oh man you guys think putting in a starter on a 7mgte is bad you should try a 1jz IT IS A PITA:: angry :: It took me and my bro in law all of 5 hrs.

Did you guys get to play the blame game?
I replied to your email.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1483825 said:
Did you guys get to play the blame game?
I replied to your email.

No time for the blame game. We had to uses are heads and figure it out. First off the 1jz started solenoid is twice as small as the 7m. So getting the 7m in there was even harder. Then the fuel line wasn't put on the right. so it was in the way of the bigger starter. so we had to move that around. Not only that but the damn dipstick was in the way. so we had to get that out the way also. Then we couldn't get to the top bolt from the top side because all the harness and the wires from the the upgraded injectors were in the way. :aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo:

HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!

Yeah I will be sending payment thurs, and should get it in 4 days or so. Gonna get the whole thing.:naughty:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Yeah, sounded like a major PITA.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll move right along and get your car running soon. You seem to be on the ball when it comes to putting stuff together.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1483869 said:
Yeah, sounded like a major PITA.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll move right along and get your car running soon. You seem to be on the ball when it comes to putting stuff together.

Well I hope to put the engine together with in a month or so. As long as mama lets me spend time with the Ole sup. You know how that goes.

I'm lucky my bro in law likes to get dirty. He really helped me out Sunday and Monday. We threw on the polished cam covers, crank pulley, and started on the Ole 1JZ, and pulled the block from the 89. not bad for a days work.

Oh yeah thanks goes out to you, gio, and san supra for letting me pick yalls brain and giving me advise on the short block.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'm done re-shimming my cylinder head. Just one thing though. Two of my exhaust side shims close to the max tolerance specs (0.30mm). I want to slim it down some, but I'll have to go buy some new shims. Just a minor set back.

I'm going to start cleaning parts with my new homemade soda blaster. http://www.aircooledtech.com/tools-on-the-cheap/soda_blaster/ And yes, it works pretty damn good.
Don't laugh bitches, you know you're going to try it.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1484723 said:
I'm done re-shimming my cylinder head. Just one thing though. Two of my exhaust side shims close to the max tolerance specs (0.30mm). I want to slim it down some, but I'll have to go buy some new shims. Just a minor set back.

I'm going to start cleaning parts with my new homemade soda blaster. http://www.aircooledtech.com/tools-on-the-cheap/soda_blaster/ And yes, it works pretty damn good.
Don't laugh bitches, you know you're going to try it.

I know were my parts are going! Let us know how it works.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1484912 said:
I know were my parts are going! Let us know how it works.

Bring 'em, we'll have.... a blast. :sarcasm:
I'll take some before a after pics soon. Like the site says, it's clean the old filth and scale off of parts. It's just doesn't remove rust from steel.
I'm probably going to go get a cheapie media blast gun to see how that one works. My friend has a couple that he's not using. I'll see if I could make use of one.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1484933 said:
Bring 'em, we'll have.... a blast. :sarcasm:
I'll take some before a after pics soon. Like the site says, it's clean the old filth and scale off of parts. It's just doesn't remove rust from steel.
I'm probably going to go get a cheapie media blast gun to see how that one works. My friend has a couple that he's not using. I'll see if I could make use of one.

I want to try and Have as clean of an bay as possible. I will also be painting parts.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
id like to see you do it by summer!
i plan on running at the next event after this one.
i am going to be there this weekend though.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1487505 said:
So you're going to that guys house party on the 16th? When exactly is the first event at Blossom Athletic Center?

today! you missed it... i dont know if i want to go eat bbq at some random guys house.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Anyone plan on making it out to TX2k10? I swapped rims with a guy from Houston. He was asking If we planned on going down there. Maybe we could meet up with the Houston MKIII guys. I'll be able to go on Sat. for sure. I might be able to make it on Fri. Let me know what you guys want to do.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1487705 said:
Anyone plan on making it out to TX2k10? I swapped rims with a guy from Houston. He was asking If we planned on going down there. Maybe we could meet up with the Houston MKIII guys. I'll be able to go on Sat. for sure. I might be able to make it on Fri. Let me know what you guys want to do.

maybe...i really dont like houston