RSR GT2 V.S. Apexi N1

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
Im looking for a new exahust for my supra and im debating between the RSR Gt2 exmag system which i hear is very light weight and is very straight, or the apexi n1 system which i dont know too much about, both are around $450 my friend as an apexi system on his fc and its LOUD. i know i can find the N1 at 935 motorsports but since the GT2 is discontinued i cant find it, does anyone know where to find it and opinions on which is better or if theres a better syetem than the two? thnx

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Both are going to be loud as hell...

Both are discontinued so far as I know as well. Is it that you like the look, or what?

If it's a short driver that you don't drive often it's alright to deal with, but on longer trips (over an hour) the droning WILL drive you nuts...

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
hahahaha i want a decent exhaust system that will provide as much power as possible as a resonable price. which should be best preformance wise

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
i had an apexi n1 and it was loud and at high way speed wasn't bad.

I now have the rsr GT2 and omfg. My friends can hear me two blocks away.

the Idle is beautiful, accelerating is stupid loud, and I haven't taking it on the high way yet.

But I do know you will go death.:icon_evil

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
hahaha ok say i want an catback thats loud but not deafening loud whats out there for the mkiii? hows the blitz nur spec and hks models?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
power wise, most any of the 3" systems are going to be within a couple HP...not even measurable on a dyno really...

looks, sound, material, and price is what you need to decide on...

89TargaT

No Traction FTL...
Jan 30, 2008
Missouri
I have a 3" turbo back with an N1 at the end and it is fuckin loud. I live a couple of blocks from where I work and my wife tells me she can hear me coming home from work. I don't really think it's too bad on the highway.

taotsu

need another Supra
Aug 17, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
when i use to have my supra, i went through 3 exhausts. the first one was the greedy sp. nice and quiet, but heavy. then...i thought i'd go for something as straight as possible with no resonator. so, i opted for the kakimoto n1. it'd be comparable to the rsr, except it was all stainless. the thing was loud everywhere. it was loud when i step on the gas. it was loud when i let off the gas as speed. it was loud when i lightly step on the gas. it was loud when the gas peddle was on the floor. i drive my supra everywhere, so to save my sanity...i got a hks sport turbo.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
88tsupra;1080006 said:
i had an apexi n1 and it was loud and at high way speed wasn't bad.

I now have the rsr GT2 and omfg. My friends can hear me two blocks away.

the Idle is beautiful, accelerating is stupid loud, and I haven't taking it on the high way yet.

But I do know you will go death.:icon_evil

lololololol

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
taotsu;1080177 said:
i thought i'd go for something as straight as possible with no resonator. so, i opted for the kakimoto n1. it'd be comparable to the rsr, except it was all stainless.

So are the RSR's, only the early models were powdercoated mild steel tubing with a stainless canister. ;)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
You'll learn quickly how to make the car quiet. There's this one little section where you slowing decelerate with your foot barely on the peddal that you can make your car SILENT.

Full 3" catless exhaust <----here and it works for me ;)

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
is the rsr much straighter than the n1 or is it pretty close and does the n1 come with a silencer?