RSR GT2 V.S. Apexi N1

I have the RSR and it sounds amazing at idle. It is loud, but not unbearable under normal driving. Open up the throttle and it's crazy, crazy loud o_O I drive with the silencer in a lot =\ It's also the straightest and probably the lightest exhaust for the MKIII so it should make the most power, even though it's probably less than 1hp of difference.

Even if it is discontinued there are probably plenty still in stock in warehouses. I can't see any MKIII exhaust selling like hot fire and usually there's a minimum order so most places that had it in stock before the very recent discontinuation will probably have a few left.

xXslayrXx

Performance > Looks
Mar 25, 2008
Nawlins
I have the Greddy SP2 with no resonator, no cat, and an HKS 3" dp. It sounds awesome. Not stupid loud, but not silent. It is a little heavy, but I'm not worried about it. Look into some HKS exhausts like the dragger or sport turbo or whatever.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Anyone here has an N1 with resonator on? I have one but i lost my resonator and i havent put it on the car yet. Where can i buy a resonator? How does it sound with a resonator on?

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
thanks for all the info ive seen that chinaman 3" on 935 looks cool and its only $300 but its not available til august or something like that, so no one has it yet i wonder how its goin to turn out but if i can ill proly end up goin with the gt2

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
rtrdpenguin;1080350 said:
I have the RSR and it sounds amazing at idle. It is loud, but not unbearable under normal driving. Open up the throttle and it's crazy, crazy loud o_O I drive with the silencer in a lot =\ It's also the straightest and probably the lightest exhaust for the MKIII so it should make the most power, even though it's probably less than 1hp of difference.

Even if it is discontinued there are probably plenty still in stock in warehouses. I can't see any MKIII exhaust selling like hot fire and usually there's a minimum order so most places that had it in stock before the very recent discontinuation will probably have a few left.

Make a video!!! :D I wanna hear it! I've heard it before. I love the way it sounds in this video! :love::love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGp_3apT49s

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
You guys talk up the RS*R being ridiculously loud.......why?

It's not that bad at all.

It actually has about the most perfect sound I could ask for out of a 7M.
It *IS* the straightest exhaust for the A70 that you can buy off the shelves.
And the way it purrs is just amazing.
I can count on fingers and toes how many people have asked me,
"That sounds good! Do you have a 2JZ?!?!"
(Typical big single 2JZ's get that really raspy, throaty pitch).

I love my RS*R.....[Un]fortunately, I'm moving on to BIGGER and better things.....................:biglaugh:

Here's an old RS*R clip of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwfur41zjQ

Jeff

::Ninja Edit::

To add on to the pitch of the exhaust on the highway...It's 100% bearable...and it's NOT really drowny compared to previous 3" catbacks that I've owned. I think it's just perfect, IMHO. And sounds very intimidating at 165mph. ;)

Mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
i have a 3 inch turbo back, no cats, no resonators with a DC Racing can on a custom setup catback, and i absolutely love it.

the idle is just deep, but not too loud when the officer walks up behind it, it just kinda rumbles.

its deafening when you want it to be, but cruising you can barely hear it in the car especially at highway speeds.

Boost Lee;1081144 said:

I love my RS*R.....[Un]fortunately, I'm moving on to BIGGER and better things.....................:biglaugh:

[video]

Jeff

To add on to the pitch of the exhaust on the highway...It's 100% bearable...and it's NOT really drowny compared to previous 3" catbacks that I've owned. I think it's just perfect, IMHO. And sounds very intimidating at 165mph. ;)

I agree that it's not unbearable, and I enjoy hearing the exhaust unsilenced. It's just that when it's that loud (and even though it's not unbearable, it is loud enough to be noticeable) it attracts too much attention. It's rare that I can drive through a parking lot (at low revs) and not have every single person look towards me to figure out where the sound is coming from, and it's a bit weird. I generally prefer to lay low just in case a cop decides they want to give me a ticket.

I don't have any problems with drone, thanks to that little area of throttle position that magically makes the exhaust sound almost stock that starscream mentioned =)

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Boost Lee;1081144 said:

Jeff

It sounds even better in person... I don't remember any drone at highway speeds, at least not more than any other exhaust, either. Can't speak about the 165 bit, though :biglaugh:

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
maybe its loud one a 1j:3d_frown: but on the 7m its great im full 3in rsr and its fine no drowing even with the top off. in the burbs at 2am its a lil loud, but ever thing is loud then. the key reminder is loud. im sad about the rsr is no longer being made, bec i know i want it on another supra later on in life.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Boost Lee;1081144 said:

Jeff

I simply love my RSR exhaust.

"(Typical big single 2JZ's get that really raspy, throaty pitch)."
Jeff that is perfect description!!