Revs

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I have no idea if anyone has done it, but I would figure the logic would be to decrease your stroke. But if all you did was decrease the stroke your compression would decrease and you'd lose a lot of power. Maybe add a bigger crank also? But then you'd have a larger rotating mass and the car might not be as responsive....hmmm...I don't know.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
8k rpm.........? Easy
10k rpm.........? Cost two arms and two legs
15k rpm...........? Act of God.......

:bigthumb:

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
15k F1 styles.WOW imagin hearing a 7m screaming at those rpms.
Ian do you feel like resetting your rev limit? :evil2:
all in the name of research of course:naughty:

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
hehe sorry, schools been killing my time lately.

I'm thinking along the lines of 12 - 15k rpms. My feeling is that if we could get the revs up the car could go from an aweseome dragger to an awesome track car as well.

Destroking the motor is what I figured (thinking back to the hks supra). Maybe use the stroke of a 1jz, and over bore it a bit to compensate for the loss in stroke...hope that makes sense.

It would be awesome to see a 7m hitting f1 numbers...imagine what a 19k rpm 7m would sound like...I don't know if any of you guys are into f1 (bout to send my own topic off topic) but, how do you feel about the new regulations?

Oh i forgot to ask, what kind of headwork would i be looking at say for a moderate 8k - 9k rpms. I know the valves would need to go along with most of the valvetrain but should i go oversized..?

Last edited:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
my plans for when i finish school was looking like a 2.8L 7m using coated 7MGE pistons. undecided as to what to use for engine management/supporting mods. drop that in a clean mk2 shell and use it for a toy. :biglaugh:

still have a few years to go yet until schooling is gone and im released back out into the working world again :icon_conf

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
After stroke and piston speed valve control will be a hurdle you'll have to work out if you're going past 10000.

The Oil pump drive shaft will need to be machined to give it a 0 balance.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
They don't have rev limiters on the V8's, only the V10's are limited, to bring their power down so they are competitive with the new V8's, and only 1 team is running rev-limited V10's in their cars.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
They're allowing the rev-limited V10's so that teams that couldn't get the new engines done in time could still compete. Michael Schumacher ran a rev-limited V10 for most of the winter, and Ferrari only switched to the V8 at the last minute, they said they were going to run the V10's for the first couple races, but didn't.

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
thanks, i had no idea. Friend of mine is slowly getting me into F1, just wish their was a bit more passing...still awesome nonethless.

Hey, has anyone heard of hydraulic valves being sold for street cars?