Removing seats..

locustreign

Jun 25, 2007
livermore
locustreign said:
well how hard are panels to swap out?

i think theres like 7 screws or so.

whoops. forgot about other panels.

just go with what seats will look good. unless you want to swap an interior. cool idea btw.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
locustreign said:
well how hard are panels to swap out?

Pretty easy, You just have to remove like 6 screws at the bottom, two for the light, speaker grill, window switch, door handle cup w/one screw and remove the two plastic circle peices that are on the handle(top and bottom) and also their is two screws as well here but you have to remove the two caps.(also the 2nd pic is the door panel I changed. It was burgundy and now it gray).

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p676769_1.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
MA717MGTE said:
the seat i speak of has lumbar support just not the electric sliding action

pre 89 Supras didnt have power sliding/height adjusting seats, only power lumbar and bolsters...

89+ had power sliding, height, and angle, as well as power lumbar and power bolsters...

OEM Recaro interiors were available on JDM TT-R's, and while considerably lighter than original, they're not as "nice" looking, and they're kinda rare to find in good condition for cheap...

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
RazoE said:
pre 89 Supras didnt have power sliding/height adjusting seats, only power lumbar and bolsters...

89+ had power sliding, height, and angle, as well as power lumbar and power bolsters...

i have an '88 and my seat has the power sliding, height adjusting, angle adjust, and the lumbar...
maybe the previous owner swapped it, dont think so though

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
natedogr said:
i have an '88 and my seat has the power sliding, height adjusting, angle adjust, and the lumbar...
maybe the previous owner swapped it, dont think so though

I have an 86.5 and it has power sliding, power lumbar

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
My 87 has power lumbar/power back support, but to slide back and forth is manual. So this is or is not rare, I dunno, but desireable because of weight? In my case it only makes me even with everyone else because of my large butt.
BTW stay Burgundy...Burgundy leather very nice.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
interesting. i was never aware that partial power seat options were available. my supra seats (which are now in my '94 toyota 4x4 sooo comfy!) slide forward/backward, the back of the seat bottom goes up/down, the front goes up/down, the lumbar in/out, and the side bolsters go in/out and REALLY hold you in the seat. it's ALL power except flipping the seat forward.

they're from an '88 (TONY!'s car to be exact)

Valge- GEORGEOUS interior! :)

edit: and thread moved to GENERAL section. this isn't 7MGE specific. ;)

-shaeff

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
that is interesting, when I went to the junkyard, there were atleast 8 pre 89 Supras, and none of them had full power seats, same with my friend's 88..

every 89+ I saw there had full power seats, including my 89...

oops, ignore what I said then..:D