real supra news... please read if you think there will be a new supra

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
88supraFAST1 said:
i just got back from sema and made it a point to talk to toyota and trd and they both said the same thing now there are no plans for a new supra but lexus is planing on coming out with a new sports car sometime hear soon. toyota and trd told me they are not even thinking about making a new supra. I also had a nice long talk with Matt Scranton about it and he said he thinks they shouldnt make one because it would make lexus look back because the supra is a sports car and lexus who is the high end modle couldnt compet. i hope you guys find that information good.

reason i posted this, is because my "new supra" poll thread failed in part because people are still posting in it as if a new supra will made :icon_conf :nono:

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
GrimJack said:
That's because there is plenty of prior evidence to suggest that Toyota would be VERY close mouthed about the possibility.

i agree 100%

i predict that not long AFTER the GTR comes out we will see a new supra.

i love how all these people come on here speaking in absolutes like they actually know something.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I agree.

Toyotas long overdue for a true sports car. I was kinda hoping the success of the 350z would prompt Toyota into making another Supra. Hopefully the new Skyline does well so Toyota can see that theres still a strong market for sports cars.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
HellsLegion said:
I hope toyota makes a blazing fast car, thats a hybrid. that gets 25-30 mpg, but still can run a good 1/4 mile and handle well
But that would cost a zillion dollers!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
HellsLegion said:
I hope toyota makes a blazing fast car, thats a hybrid. that gets 25-30 mpg, but still can run a good 1/4 mile and handle well
Ahhhhh, but they are...and it's not 3600 lbs! I saw pics and talked to toyota gurus about it over a year ago, It is in Italy, and its now on the toyota website I believe. It is the Volta.....3.3 liter V6 hybrid with two electric motors, 408 HP, carbon fibre chassis, Brembo brakes, gets 435 miles on a tank (13.7 gal)....so close to 32 mpg, seats 3 in the front, 1 in the back. The whole steering column assembly can be moved on a slide to any of the three (left right center) seats I was told in training.....bizarre! It does 0-60 in 4 seconds flat!!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Unlike the Supra , this one is NOT a rumor, just a matter of if and when US will get it.
p409786_1.jpg

p409786_2.jpg

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
tookwik4u89 said:
Ahhhhh, but they are...and it's not 3600 lbs! I saw pics and talked to toyota gurus about it over a year ago, It is in Italy, and its now on the toyota website I believe. It is the Volta.....3.3 liter V6 hybrid with two electric motors, 408 HP, carbon fibre chassis, Brembo brakes, gets 435 miles on a tank (13.7 gal)....so close to 32 mpg, seats 3 in the front, 1 in the back. The whole steering column assembly can be moved on a slide to any of the three (left right center) seats I was told in training.....bizarre! It does 0-60 in 4 seconds flat!!

hhhhmmmmm....imagine that price tag!

I have heard of such a beast as well, about a year ago from some of the MDT's @ work, who had said it was mentioned in one of the "hybrid" certification classes.

Again, if it`s imported, I bet it will be badged a Lexus due to the $$$$$.