look at my new cc:biglaugh:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
jetjock said:
Well, you probably could run without it and not have problems. Lots of people do. Moral and legal issues aside (a study released today shows 50% of the US population still lives in unhealthy air) you'd likely never notice. Doesn't mean it would be the right thing to do from a tech standpoint though. There's also the issue of selling your car to someone who might need it. I've seen lots of posts from new owners who have to invest dollars to replace emissions stuff the PO yanked off.

Btw, not realizing you have NFI is the first step to getting help. Congrats ;)
I bet youre also one of those people who believes in the greenhouse effect too huh? Some of us "religious" types jump on the ball to believe what one person has to say. I, on the other hand, use what works. So if all of us have NFI, then what does it say if many people have deleted them with no problems? Nothing. You honestly have no arguement.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You left something out :asshole:

jetjock said:
Pretty funny. I have no dog in this fight. All I'll say is 1) Stating "facts" based on one's own personal experience is a logical fallacy and 2) The EVAP system in the Supra, as in most cars, is designed to keep the tank at a positive pressure to help reduce fuel pump cavitation. It's not just for emissions. I'm guessing our resident expert had no clue about that.

You have no clue...don't want to have a clue...and base what you say on selective reading. Do what you want...blow your car up if you want or dive it off a cliff. If you spread a bunch of crap though, expect it to be shot down.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
LOL...and I hope you don't. All that LPG blowing around where it's not suppose to be = BOOM

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
IJ. You aren't helping...

tturnpaw, your ignorance is impressive. Your seeming need to remain ignorant is even more impressive.

As Jdub says, you don't have to have a clue, nobody will force you to learn, or better yourself. However, if you insist upon spreading your cluelessness, people are going to stomp on you.

The Subject Matter Experts on the staff (both jdub and jetjock hold that hard earned position) are tasked with making sure that idiots don't spread idiocy.

With all that said, let's try to keep this thread on a rather basic question from becoming a flame war people....

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Ugh. Had I done what I usually do and used the "find all posts by" feature I'd have known how ignorant this guy really is. Nothing tells the tale like a history of NFI. Not to mention comparing something like global warming to easily measured urban air quality (hell, people can see it) doesn't exactly show critical thinking skills. My bad for even engaging him.

Status
Not open for further replies.