question about 9MM pistol magazine

Live_Free_Or_Die

Nov 5, 2006
La Verne, CA
Hi I'm wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what is wrong with my brand new pistol. I don't really know anyone who is into guns but I know that some people on SM know a lot about them. I've never owned or fired any handguns accept for revolvers but last week I bought a Ruger P95 9MM.
When I bought it I practiced a lot inserting and removing the magazine and it worked fine. I put bullets in for the first time tonight and it was difficult inserting the clip, so i tried to take it out and it wouldn't release. I had to cock it a couple of times just to get a bullet into the chamber. After i fired all the bullets out of it the clip still wouldn't release so i had to physically push it down while holding the release button. I tried a few more times with both magazines with and without bullets but it is almost impossible. It goes in 3/4's of the way fine. It doesn't make any since to me since it worked perfect before I put bullets into it.
Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
try giving it a good cleaning, they are difficult to insert the clip with a loaded magazine try it with less bullets see if its still difficult (if its still hard after cleaning and with less bullets then something could seriously be wrong with it heh)

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
The bullets probably flared the thing metal of the magazine a bit... which is suprising being that its a ruger and not some cheap toy gun such as a taurus.
Eitherway clean it real good and be liberal with some high quality gun oil... I perfer remington.

Live_Free_Or_Die

Nov 5, 2006
La Verne, CA
Thanks for the advice but I guess maybe there is something wrong with it. I cleaned and oiled it really well and it the magazine won't slide in properly even with no bullets in it. I guess I'll have to call Ruger tomorrow. They have a factory about 20 minutes from me so maybe I can take it there or something.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

The red arrow in the picture is pointing to what seems to be the problem. That piece won't move back all the way.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
NastyNate said:
I love my "baby" desert eagle. Had it for a while and have only ever had one jam.

if i were to get one it would be gold plated. i dont know why but i saw one and it looked badass hehe

rocksdasox

May 1, 2007
Snohio
NastyNate said:
I love my "baby" desert eagle. Had it for a while and have only ever had one jam.

Israelis do know how to make good weapons.. I almost bought a .50 cal DE but i can't see paying $3 everytime i pull the trigger

Live_Free_Or_Die

Nov 5, 2006
La Verne, CA
Well my brand new Ruger is indeed broken. The shop owner said he had never seen anything like that before and sent it out to Arizona for me. The local Ruger factory couldn't even look at it because they don't do pistols. I'll have it back in 4 to 6 weeks.
I will definitely never buy a Ruger again. Now I don't know if I would even trust it to protect me in an emergency. I was hoping that since I had just bought it and it's defective that I could return it and get a reliable Glock with a 17 round capacity but nope.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Live_Free_Or_Die said:
Well my brand new Ruger is indeed broken. The shop owner said he had never seen anything like that before and sent it out to Arizona for me. The local Ruger factory couldn't even look at it because they don't do pistols. I'll have it back in 4 to 6 weeks.
I will definitely never buy a Ruger again. Now I don't know if I would even trust it to protect me in an emergency. I was hoping that since I had just bought it and it's defective that I could return it and get a reliable Glock with a 17 round capacity but nope.

I dont think ruger is a bad gun, certainly enough people trust their life to it. As I said guns have amazing warranties, things happen and no gun will be perfect 100% of the time. All that being said I love my springfield armory XD9, 100s of rounds put through it and no problems at all.

I hate glocks, remind me of the NES lazer gun for some reason when I hold one. Also the grip safety alone isnt enough for me to feel safe with.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
rocksdasox said:
Israelis do know how to make good weapons.. I almost bought a .50 cal DE but i can't see paying $3 everytime i pull the trigger

Other than being able to say you own, or you hunt with it there really is no point.

iwannadie said:
I dont think ruger is a bad gun, certainly enough people trust their life to it. As I said guns have amazing warranties, things happen and no gun will be perfect 100% of the time. All that being said I love my springfield armory XD9, 100s of rounds put through it and no problems at all.

I hate glocks, remind me of the NES lazer gun for some reason when I hold one. Also the grip safety alone isnt enough for me to feel safe with.

Hey my wife has the XD-9! She got the sub compact. Thing is tiny and loud. People are always surprised it's a 9mm out at the range, I gues a 3inch barrel will do that. I hate it. i'm so used to my forty I always anticipate and end up shooting like crap. I really want a USP for my next pistol. More than likely in 9mm. I gotta find the website again, but some retired gun nuts have a website in which they show various tests with diffferent caliber weapons. Of course they did the never ending 9mm vs .45. They shot into walls of different thickness and material, as well as a myriad of other tests. Out of all the tests the 2 performed virtually the same.

here's from the last time I was at the range, about a week ago. hadn't shot iv over 7 months. All the "stray rounds" were from the XD. Range was 7yds. The shoot n see target is a 10 inch job.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I need to go back to the range, last time there I sucked so bad. I think most of it was my eyes were so bad I couldnt see the target let alone aim at it. I had lazer surgery since then so at least I can See the target lol.

I have the service model, dont think Id like the compact at all. I wont bother with the 9 vs 45 debate its endless, they both have their ups and downs and places in the world.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
Yeah the 9vs45 will never end. I hate the compact unless it has the extended mag in it. After that it's pretty comfy. Not that it matters since it's the wife's. It fits in her tiny purse without even an outline. I miss my .308.....

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
NastyNate said:
Yeah the 9vs45 will never end. I hate the compact unless it has the extended mag in it. After that it's pretty comfy. Not that it matters since it's the wife's. It fits in her tiny purse without even an outline. I miss my .308.....

I have pretty big hands and my service model fits me perfect. All the glocks seemed way too small for me some how or just the angle of the grip maybe. I just need to find a place and buy the hi-capacity mags! In AZ they are legal now and I think I can get a 20(15?)shot mag that is the same size as stock mag.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
check out Impactguns.com they have a ton of gun related hardware. While you're there check out the legal sawed off shotgun they sell. Had an interesting coversation tobite with a cop about the 10mm round... Sounded pretty sick. He basically said it was .40 on steroids.

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
The kimber is one of the favorites actually out of most of the other ones. Deadly accurate and nice tone to it when fired ;).i had my dad buy all the guns for me (since i am not of age yet) sucks but oh well :p.

Class Lvl 3 Gatling gun. get yourself one of those lol.