Post pics of your Daily

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
-Rich87Tx2 said:
Mixed country/city driving. Most people think 'Hummer' - 10 or less MPG. The little H3 is not so bad. The little 5 cyl engine is not so powerful though either. :3d_frown:
I've heard two stories from two ppl, one said, it's helluva slow, one said it's helluva fast...:icon_mad: But still, it's so wide.. not really the best off-roader or what?

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
ValgeKotkas said:
I've heard two stories from two ppl, one said, it's helluva slow, one said it's helluva fast...:icon_mad: But still, it's so wide.. not really the best off-roader or what?

You're thinking of an H2, or maybe the H1. I personally dislike both H2 & H1. Nothing makes me happier than pulling out a stuck H1. :biglaugh:

The H3 is a small SUV, like a Chevy Blazer or Ford Explorer in size. The H3 is great off-road and relatively cheap. Comes with axle lock and 33" tires from the factory. I consider it underrated overall. It DOES have the small motor, and is under powered. I don't know the exact specs, but I dread passing people at 45+MPH. No stock Hummer is fast. The Jeep guys will hate me, but I think in stock form it's on par with a Rubicon. The only think that kept me from buying Jeep is the lack of support for their "trail rated" vehical. If you offroad a Jeep, you void your warrentee. Hummer has a 1/4" thick section in the owner's manual on how to offroad your truck.

I didn't really want to debate the Hummer as a good or bad truck and I don't think you meant it that way either. I was just posting my DD... :icon_bigg

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
here's my daily driver public transportion, supra is my weekend toy >=)
sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
i donno about the h2...shure its a nice truck, but why not a surburban with a 3 inch lift, 33's and use the extra 20k to buy a boat or something?under the sheetmetal there is little difference...only transfer case is different?

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
trucker said:
i donno about the h2...shure its a nice truck, but why not a surburban with a 3 inch lift, 33's and use the extra 20k to buy a boat or something?under the sheetmetal there is little difference...only transfer case is different?

I agree. The H2 is surprizingly capable offroad too, but too expensive to be "really" offroaded IMHO. For comparision, an H3 can be had for $29,000 new. Considering I jump it, mud it, abuse it and then the dealership fixes everything under warrentee and gives it a wash, I'm getting my money's worth. :biglaugh:

Just for shits and grins, here's a video of me driving an $80,000 H2 with $6,000 rims, 450 miles on it a few weeks old - off a 10ft rock ledge at the Badlands park, Attica, IN. http://poweredbythought.com/h3/rich_H2.wmv :icon_bigg