Post funny things that got you detentions in high school

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
we had a "dress like what you want to be when you grow up"

I decided I wanted to be a "fish and Game warden"

so i wrote F.A.G across the back of a white shirt drew up a stupid patch for the front that said fish and game and went to class.

i guess private schools have a problem with that.

I have a few more but i wanna here some responses.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I never got detention in HS.

But...

One time while working one of the band events we hosted at our school, me and a couple other guys "borrowed" the janitor's electric cart for about an hour or so. The band director was pretty heated when he caught us but he was too busy to do anything about it.

That was the only time I ever got in trouble.

I did a small burnout in my friend's Mazda 6 in front of him(band director) once too. He just stood there shaking his head :p

I got away with tons of shit in marching band during competition field trips and stuff. I was the Brass Captain. I had to set the example, or make sure not get caught setting the wrong example. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
we had a big nerd in our class, fat, and his only friends were the nerd group.

his name was "bob" shit ya not.

anyways.

I convinced him that since his car was an automatic, he needed to clean out the valves in the transmission by revving it up in nutral and then putting it in drive. He drove a stupid chevy econocar or something.

so I walk down with him one day after school to "make sure he does it right" he pulls out of his spot with a completly cold car, revs it up to redline, holds it there for about 5 seconds, and bam, drive. tires squeel for about 3 seconds and away he goes.....

he come up to me the next day pissed off, i guess he told his dad what he did and got chewed out.....

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
i never got detention in HS. all 3 of them. lol.

my time at Van Nuys HS, i was the Varsity Baseball Captain, so they never did shit to me because i was the one that carried the team. me and my friends would ALWAYS be in some shit. we used to get into fights a lot. we superglued paper into EVERY keyhole in school for our senior prank. we all had to stay in the football field that day while they changed out all the locks.

at West Covina HS, one day, South Hills (our rivals) tagged up our dugout and later that night we went back and caused havoc over there. the police came the next day the cops came and talked to the whole baseball team and said we caused over $8k worth of damage.

i never really did anything at Chatsworth HS though.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I parked my Supra in a staff parking space because I was running late, and there was NO parking anywhere...got morning detention for a week for that one...

Yea, not really funny...but I never really got detention.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hmm, built a catapolt in art class, and launched a bible across the quad. With the dean, principal, and school priest behind us. Pages went everywhere.
did alot of other crap but dont feel like typing...maybe later.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i got detention a couple times for swearing and flipping my friend off in class,

but the most memorable one was when i had to take powdered sugar to class because we were making donuts for our foreign language activity thing, and i ended up w/ a 1lb bag of poudered sugar that we didnt need. So i had it w/ me still when we went to lunch. During lunch i got into an argument w/ one of my friends and one thing led to another and i hit him in the face w/ the bag of powdered sugar and blew out the bottom of the bag. He got antiqued allong with everyone at our table, after the huge cloud of sugar cleared and everything was white a teacher came up and took me to the office.

thats pretty much it.

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
I got detention for arguing with my Arts and Humanities teacher about Terra cotta. It was at least a 20 minute argument about how I thought Toyota invented it. Ended up I was wrong, and she was right.

Not really funny, but riding a ride mower off the FFA Greenhouse was.

Bad times...

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i brought super glue to school and literally lost it, got 2 days of solitary. the kid who found it and glued 3 kids to their chairs, a shoe to the floor and 2 locks shut got a day. bullshit.

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
erm well i got detention for smoking numerous times. I also got my last detention for turning up to afternoon lessons pissed. i got detention for being stoned.

The main 2 that stick in my mind though are one time we were in this little side street at lunch time. We were having a few crafty cigarettes and my mate dared this other lad to put a lit match through a window vent from a kitchen on a house. kitchen caught fire our whole year got detention and barred from the local village at dinner time for 6 months.

the other was after i told a lad to fuck off for rippin me about a girl. the teacher who heard me made me write a story entitled "the day horrace the goblin used bad language"

that was 10 years ago now. and as the school leaving age in the uk is 16 and the legal age to start driving is 17 theres no car related storys

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Took a gas powered golf cart for a romp arround the football field then proceeded to crash it into a fence. I was by "myself" >.>