Pictures of Titan Motorsports Pistons for the MKIII 7MGTE

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Rennat;1002959 said:
Well thats what i want to know, what makes these so much better than what i have right now? NOBODY has answered that. All i see are specs and what not... My probe's are the same material as these, have the forced oilers, and all of that stuff...

WHY should i consider buying these pistons over my probe pistons? If you cant answer that for me, then im not even going to consider paying double for a piston thats the "custom".

First off why would you buy these to replace a working set of pistons?
2nd off. No such thing as better. Suitable for application X is the correct mentality.
Third, regardless of price. It is another option.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
bottle;1002147 said:
Top Ring : 1.00mm
2nd Ring: 1.2mm
Oil Ring: 2.8mm

2619 Alloy

It is using wire locks.

The pin is a standard 5100 steel pin with a .150 wall thickness
Many thanks Bottle!

For the guys crapping in this thread: ENOUGH already.

The information is there if you can't understand what it all means no one is going to educate you on it if you're someone that buys on price alone.

Stick with your piston of choice run it and make any future decisions on what you learn after actually using them.

ROSS: off the shelf are big heavy dumb slugs that can take a HUGE amount of abuse without failure and this is why in the past I've recommended them and used them in friends builds.

JE's: Very light and I suspect a bit delicate but in use so far have been faultless but I "feel" if I subjected them to the same abuse as my old Ross set they would die quickly.

TITAN: Haven't used them but the specs look good and being able to have the higher compression will appeal to some people and are another alternative for people not building on a tight budget.

PROBE: There's NO data or anecdotal evidence available yet as very few have their builds finished/making good power so like the Titan's no one can say how well they're going to stand up.

There are a lot of builds that have used the other available pistons with varying degrees of sucess ie: Wiseco,Arias,CP and so on but in the end tune is king and even the best pistons WILL fail if abused.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Also look at the domes.

The Probe is -20 CC's and Arias is -16CC's thats a slight difference in compression. (Yes the probe says -17CC's on the side, that's wrong and i've informed Probe about it)

The Titan seems to be a high compression piston. I'd love to know the dome dish.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
bottle;1004621 said:
I will try and have the 7mgte pistons pictures posted tomorrow.
Bottle - as soon as the pistons arrive at my place, I will take a lot of pics and post them here also.

The Titan 7mgte pistons will be listed for 699.00 to start and will include rings and pins. The price will likely go up after this initial 9 set run. They are pre-selling fast. STD, .020 and .040 are still available.

bottle

Mar 14, 2008
Orlando, FL
Just to let everyone know we are going to be releasing a lot more parts for the mk3 this year.

So if you continue to buy Titan products you are helping to show us there is a market for more and more parts.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
When do you think you'll get the pictures up? im really interested to see them...
and on a side note...
I just got my bearings from titan!!!!
I find it pretty hard to get customer service like i received... any time i called in, they had a REAL answer for my questions, none of that "oh i think were getting it tomorrow... but not sure"... there was none of that.

Driftmotion FTW
Titan FTW
Suprarich FTW

Those 3 own all. haha

bottle

Mar 14, 2008
Orlando, FL
Well we had a problem with the pics we took, if we can recover them we will have them up tomorrow.

If not Suprarich bought the entire batch and those are on the way to him. So either have them tomorrow or by the end of the week when Rich gets his shipment.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
bottle;1005012 said:
Well we had a problem with the pics we took, if we can recover them we will have them up tomorrow.

If not Suprarich bought the entire batch and those are on the way to him. So either have them tomorrow or by the end of the week when Rich gets his shipment.

I will get pics up as soon as they arrive.

bottle

Mar 14, 2008
Orlando, FL
titanmotorsports_2000_23356439

titanmotorsports_2000_24293675

bottle

Mar 14, 2008
Orlando, FL
IJ.;1006194 said:
Very nicely finished!

Pity the 7M guys quibbled about the Coating costs.

What was the dish volume again?
(looks too deep in the pics to be 9:1)

-14cc's including the valve releifs.

bottle

Mar 14, 2008
Orlando, FL
We can do the coated version we just have to have a few people give us a deposit and we can get them in about 2 weeks ready to ship.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Pistons are now in stock and ready to go. I have 9 sets. Here are some more pics of the pistons.

p1007797_1.jpg

p1007797_2.jpg

p1007797_3.jpg

p1007797_4.jpg

p1007797_5.jpg

p1007797_6.jpg

p1007797_7.jpg

PIN oiler

p1007797_8.jpg