Picture I Drew in CAD of my 7MGTE

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
Bellow is a picture of a CAD drawing of my 7MGTE I did for my college drafting class. It was drawn in AutoCAD in 2D. It is plotted out on a 4' X 6' piece of photo paper. It took me 2 day, 9 hours, and 45 min to draw it. The picture I took of it don't do justice, You cant really see all the detail.

picture006to8.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It looks way better with no coilpack.

I used to draw with versacad and autocad, but I got tired of sitting at a desk so I started working outside for a living. That probably wasn't such a good decission.

Caplax40

Grand Tourer
Feb 12, 2006
Boise, ID
That's great and all but it isn't a true 7mgte unless it has a bunch of coolant sprayed all over it.

Can you draw rod knock in CAD?

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
oh my god.

I use autocad the odd time, so I've got a rough idea how hard that would have been.

ohhhhhhh myyyyyyy goooooood.

you have far more patients than me. and you have my respect for it.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Caplax40 said:
That's great and all but it isn't a true 7mgte unless it has a bunch of coolant sprayed all over it.

Can you draw rod knock in CAD?

7M has Zero issues when you actually torque the head down "properly" Maybe put a dumb ass next to it while your at it eh?

Duane

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
AWESOME PIC!!! i have a vague idea of how difficult that would be, it looks good! now do a 3-d one :D

u forgot to address rod knock Duane...

i'm not saying that cant be addressed to and isnt a problem if you take care of your engine..but..it seems just as common...
i dunno...maybe its partally because so many BHG's...the water causes bearing failure. i dunno.

or did you mean 0 issues as in NONE over the entire engine?

i want a turbo engine much more if i could torque it and not worry about any internal problems...

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Very nice!

Never played with autocad, but I'm quite good with 3DS Max, i have a pretty good unfinished supra I modeled, I should do the engine :)

Figit, It's common because people replace the BHG and don't think about the fact that water + oil = dead bearings = Rod Knock!

If it's built right, from stock to fully built, with proper clearances, and no water ever gets near the oil, theres no longer such a thing as rod knock ;)

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
3dsmax ftw! post some of your work, here's one of my projects.. :0
suprahawt1bf2.jpg

yea, my mesh is a bit off, but i'm not done yet :]

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
thechori said:
3dsmax ftw! post some of your work, here's one of my projects.. :0
suprahawt1bf2.jpg

yea, my mesh is a bit off, but i'm not done yet :]
Love it, we should team up, ill draw the engine in 3d and we can put it together

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Seriously, I don't know how you did all that in 2d. I love inventor, it's so straightforward. Good job!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Chori: Never used 3DSMax so can't compare the 2 but for me I can draw and then machine simple parts using Inventor in 15>20 minutes and it's free form enough to allow for my gumby skills :)