Pic/vid of my homemade $130 Exhaust...

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
themadhatter;907366 said:
How bad does your exhaust drone at highway speeds and on decelleration? I have a 3" exhust with a 18" glasspack and a megan gt muffler and the drone is just killing me lol

Do you have a cat?

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
themadhatter;910416 said:
nope i'm not running any cats lol but i've been very temped to install one in hopes it'll lessin the drone.

The cat won't quiet it down very much. The cuprit is that megan gt muffler. I had the same problem and replaced my muffler last weekend and guess what....no drone! And it's so much quieter...I love it. I got a ticket for modified exhaust about two weeks ago, so I had to do something but I was going to change out the muffler anyway 'cause I couldn't take the low rpm drone.

By the way I'm running a muffler I picked out of an OEM replacement catalog. Same shape as a stock muffler but it's 1 in 1 out 3" and god only knows what the actual application is supposed to be, but it sounds nice and it's quite w/ no power loss over the loud one I tossed.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
when i get i little extra money i'm going to swap the muffler out for a dynomax super turbo muffler or somthing like a magnaflow i'm not sure yet

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
themadhatter;910416 said:
nope i'm not running any cats lol but i've been very temped to install one in hopes it'll lessin the drone.

just get a resonator. did wonders on tissimo's exhaust.

my car drone's but it doesn't bother me. its a sports car its not supposed to be quiet luxury.