people's favorite turbos

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Good Lord. Oh I had lag but I didnt think that it was that Big. All I knew about it is that it had a Exhaust Housing of 17cm and no One could help me get anything that I could change the Exhaust housing. I eventually just got rid of the turbo and thats why Im searching for another one right now. Spool Sucked but top end was outragous. I thought a few times I was going to break something it pulled so hard but Just getting there wasnt any fun.

It was the Mitsubishi TF07-17M Turbocharger and No one could tell me much about it.

So throw those turbo recommendations out there so I can go buy something.

Robert

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
CT-26 with H3 spool (T04b-type trim) built by TEC (Turbo Eng. Corp.) OVER ten years ago... I've used TWO of these same hybrids with good results for YEARS

SETUP:

HKS FMIC
HKS x BUNCHES of stuff... 3.3" (drager),VPC,PFC-FCON,EVC,SBC,GCC,550's,etc, etc...

I run at 15psi. Full boost is a steep slope between 3,300-3,800RPM range, with nearly NIL lag after 4,000 RPM. Pulls EVEN 15psi without "creep" or "drop-off" thru entire range after 3,500RPM. Clean in all gears. Around 400HP:biglaugh: (Need to pull real numbers eventually...)

Plan to go CT-26 w/60-1 soon to "target" my 500HP goal... but may go T4 and shoot for 600HP if I rebuild the motor. (Stock bottom at this time...)

-crisp

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
bigaaron said:
GT4082 with the Precision exhaust housing is working very well for me.

I looked at that turbo but I wasnt for sure if you could even get a Smaller Exhaut housing for. What Size did you get and how is your Spool time?

Robert

Intothenight19

Crissaegrim
Feb 23, 2006
Pa
bcg04 said:
would you mind posting a pic of your setup? I wouldn't mind seeing it

My engine is apart right now but it should be alive within a few weeks and I'd be happy to get you a pic!

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
supraguy31 said:
I looked at that turbo but I wasnt for sure if you could even get a Smaller Exhaut housing for. What Size did you get and how is your Spool time?

Robert

It was making positive boost at 2k rpm on the freeway, and 10psi by about 3k rpm. I have the .81 AR Precision housing.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
4082 is a cool turbo, but you would be hard pressed to make 500rw on pump gas.

if you want power and spool you are going to have to get a small a/r and bb on a mid size turbo imo.

also dont forget there are a lot of other factors effecting spool than just the turbo setup.

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
i''m running a gt76 super duplex bb turbo.

hits pretty hard at 10psi.
should make over 600 when i get the fuel setup installed.