Oil Pressure Sending Unit

luvs2slide

Boso Drifter
Apr 19, 2005
Shalimar, FL
Attached is the pic of the unit (thanks to SupralNL.com) I removed this unit from the block of a 7mgte that im replacing. However, the engine that im putting in looks like it has some kind of sending unit, but it doesn't have the spherical thing which is pictured...just a round grey thing with a rod sticking out. There is no way that I can remove it with a wrench the same way I did from the other engine, due to there being no nut mounted on the unit. Does Anyone out there know of a removal method??? Please Help!!!

Attachments

• OilPressureSender.jpg
    OilPressureSender.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 50

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
vice grips. what you are trying to remove is a JDM oil/p sender (which wont work with your american oilp gauge. take vice grips and remove the sucker, then thread in your round (usdm) oilp sender.

luvs2slide

Boso Drifter
Apr 19, 2005
Shalimar, FL
After searching all day, I found a tool at NAPA which was a SST that removed the sender unit just fine. However, I'm running into another problem with hooking up an aftermarket mechanical oil pres. guage. According to another thread the Autometer opg is 1/8 npt and the threads on the jdm are BSNT (British)? I originally wanted to use the aftermarket and stock sender units simultaneously. I I know to get the car running it should get a T-brace ????? Thanks aAkk

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The block is tapped 1/8th BSP.

There are a couple of points in the block that are tapped so maybe you could screw the stock sender in where it belongs and use one of the others with an adaptor for the Mech gauge?

luvs2slide

Boso Drifter
Apr 19, 2005
Shalimar, FL
that would be great if I could go off another tapped place in the block. Would these holes be blocked off by a plate? Or how would I know if a certain spot would be sufficient? Im thinking of just running an electric autometer guage that way I dont have to worry about the oil line leaking into the cabin or engine bay for that matter.