87 Supra crazy build 1UZ CD009

arglex1

Jun 9, 2024
First a disclaimer: This is my son's build. He did all of the work. He lets me observe but wants to do it all on his own. I will try to answer any questions to the best of my ability but I may have to rope him into this forum. He is a busy guy.

The Car: 87 Toyota Supra. Engine is a lexus 1uz V8. The FE has been removed and is carbureted. Has 150 shot of nitrus but not completely connected yet. 6 Speed manual from a Nissan (I think it is the CD-009). I will attach pictures of the build as I get them.

The story: Many years ago, my older brother bought this Supra. I'm here because he used to post on this forum and there is a sticker still in the window for the forum. He kept the car pretty mellow - car was a 5 speed, 7MGE (NA) car. He did quite a bit of work to it and it was his daily. He moved to Texas with the car in the late 90s / Early 2000s. While there, he ported / polished the head, rebuilt the engine and some mods. At one point, he was gathering parts for a turbo build. He then got married, had kids and bought a house. The car went in the garage and sat there.

In the fall of 2019, I went to TX to visit and we were talking about the car sitting in his garage with all the junk piled on top of it. I recommended he go back to his hobby and build the car. He has 3 small children and laughed at the idea. Those of us with families know the feeling. He wanted the garage space and offered me the car. My sons were both in high school at the time and I turned it down. When I got home, I mentioned the car to my oldest in passing. "Your uncle has a supra in his garage that will probably get junked. He offered it to me but I know I will dump too much into it so I rejected the idea". That statement changed the life of my now 22 yr old son. He paid to ship the car to NJ and the rest is history. Build on this car will always be "work in progress". It runs and drives and is a pretty crazy build. Thought you guys might enjoy.

20240617_204105.jpg