NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs (Please Read!)

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Why NGK Iridium? More Durability and a Higher Melting Point compared to Platinum, better center electrode anti-oxidation and anti-erosion, improved ignition, superior anti-fouling, lower required voltage, new metal shell plating process for better anti-corrosion. NGK Iridium One Step Colder plugs are recommended for cars with heavy modifications. These NGK Iridium plugs will get your Supra running smoother and free up some power through increased efficiency and increased heat resistance.

Please Note:Iridium plugs are able to use larger gap setting with less voltage. Some customers choose to regap these plugs to correct misfiring or tune for optimal spark -- do so at your own risk -- slide-type plug gapper will damage the fragile iridium tip.
7MGTE Turbo Motor ONLY.
Price is per plug- for a complete set you must order 6 plugs.
Shipping costs are calculated upon checkout

So I need new spark plugs and these are the kind I want to get. Now do these come pre gapped? If I try to gap them I will jack em up. Miss fire?
Do any of you guys run these spark plugs? If so how do you like them and do any of you regap them, if so how?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Go coppers, better for heat dissipation, better for turbo cars.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Do not adjust the gap on iridium plugs. If you want the ones with the stock gap for a turbo, that would be:
NGK Iridium spark plug 5689 BCPR6EIX .032

other NGK plugs:
NGK Platinum plugs 5275, BCPR6EP-N-8, .032
NGK Traditional spark plug 2330 BCPR6ES .032

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Damnit man!!!

I put my irridiums in today and I regapped them. They were gapped to .030 and I wanted them gapped to .026. My NGK 6097's won't run right unless I gap them to .020, so I thought that the .026 would be good enough for the irridiums. I may have damaged them but the car idled ten times better than it had been. I'll see how they perform under wot.

Charles, can I order some with a smaller than .032 gap?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Can be gapped but you have to be very careful NOT to touch the centre electrode.

I had problems with them glowplugging at high boost sustained top end pulls that went away with the same heat range/gap coppers.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What is glowplugging? I definately touched the center electrode cause I'm a dumbass and didn't know any better. There went $45.00 shot up a wild hogs ass.

What copper plugs do you run IJ?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Yeah...goes along with the whole heat dissipation statement earlier....

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
I don't know of NGK iridium part number gaped smaller. I could try finding one.

The 1 colder part numbers:
NGK Traditional spark plug 3330 BCPR7ES .032 COLDER
NGK Iridium spark plug 5690 BCPR7EIX .032 COLDER

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
The USD is no where near where it was folks.....

It has lost value against every single currency out there.

That said, forget Iridium, Copper plugs unless you are running a very "hot" system (voltage wise).

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprahero said:
There went $45.00 shot up a wild hogs ass.

Bwahhahahaha. Sorry I wasnt going to comment on this thread but this made me bust out laughing at work.:biglaugh: