New Supra MPG ratings

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
They have now come out with the new system to calculate the new MPG ratings for 2008+ cars. The cool thing is they also recalculated the MPG ratings for older cars based on the new metrics. The even have the supra in there.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp

Manual (5 sp), 6 cyl, 2.9 L, Premium Gasoline, TurboCharger, (FFS,TRBO)

p527890_1.jpg

16 City and 21 Hwy, seems much more realistic to what most people are getting.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
marc1131 said:
I get better than that!
And so do I, but I've found that in the many "What MPG do do you get" threads a lot of people get around there.

Also these numbers are not "the best MPG you can get if you really baby it". This is more the MPG you get typically, day to day, when you are not thinking about your gas mileage.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yeah i do too. a lot of things come into play tho. condition of the car, tune, parts you have changed, city % vs hwy % and most important how you drive it. off boost our cars are fairly low compression and just cruising around you'll get some pretty good mpg.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Wow, these new ones are strange. It says a '91 5-speed corolla gets something like 26mpg vs. the old rating of 30. That's BS, in both my old corollas i got about 33-37, mixed driving.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
They're not actually retesting all these cars, so the figures can be slightly off.

I know that for my AE86, the newer city figure is closer to what I actually get, but the old highway rating is around where I usually get.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
To date, Super Monitor tells me 9.7mpg. :icon_conf

This is based off of about 95% City driving, 94 octane, boosting on stretches, out of boost from stoplight to stoplight, Automatic...around or less 350rw, and running a tad rich doesn't help the mileage any. :icon_surp