New Supra MPG ratings

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
there is a lot that goes into mileage if your car is lowered you have less wind resistance if you drive on a flat road as opposed to steap hilly roads.
cold air intake colder denser air more power less throttle more engine response
removing the cat and other restrictive devices gives you better mileage but bad on the enviroment

colder climates closer to sea level get better mileage
weight reduction not using the ac and removing it having tires at a higher inflation and such there is a lot that factors into this
even upgrading to a newer engine like a 1j or 2j should yield more power with a taller gear ratio you will get higher mpg for highway but less for the city.

cleaner synthetic oil less friction clean your filters do regular tune ups run a little methinol or alchohol through your engine here and there to remove deposits.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
i dont know how to convert it to MPG, but i my fuel consumption in city is around 11-12liters per 100km, and ~8liters when on highway. And I baby her, she doesnt see redline too much, maybe just few times a month ;)
In manual toyota states, that city driving is around 15liters, and highway is from 8 to 10... I get better mileage in city then toyota states, xa xa xa :D

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
My supra see's redline probably 10 + times every time I take her out..

I get about 14 MPG if i'm on it ALL the time, but if I baby it I get close 30 on the freeway...

On my drive back from Indiana, for one gas tank I didn't boost at ALL, and I squeezed out 457 miles on the tank, and when I filled her up it was like 13.xx gallons.. Comes out to about 32 MPg... pretty good for a fully built supra with a big single...

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
ViR2 said:
i dont know how to convert it to MPG, but i my fuel consumption in city is around 11-12liters per 100km,
:aigo: :aigo: I've got 16 l/100km on my NA in the city.... ok, I wasn't babying it:biglaugh:

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
ViR2 said:
ValgeKotkas, N/A always takes more fuel because of higher compresion ;)

BTW, u're from Estonia? ;) what gas prices do you have now? :)

Like 3$a gallon (about 13EEK/liter:icon_bigg)

Btw, someone here said, that officially said, N/A takes more fuel than tööörboooo:nono: :nono: :icon_bigg IIRC(maybe little less, still difference is small..damn)
calculatorCompareSideBySide.jsp
damn....

Last edited:

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Turbo gets better MPG because it has less compression so there for less pumping loss. If you drive a turbo off boost you can achive very good fuel consumption. On a steady highway cruise at 70 mph I can get 34 mpg imperial (29 mpg US) this is with 3" turbo back exhaust, no EGR (which hurts MPG on a cruise) everything else stock.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yeah my old NA got at best 19mpg. I've gotten 27mpg on the turbo staying out of the boost. Of course if I WOT I can watch the gauge go down :<.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
miekedmr, yes i've ment that. GE engine use more fuel then unboosted GTE. When u boost GTE engine, then yes it uses more, but when driven with low boost or no boost it is more economical ;)

valge, 1.87 euro per liter?! Thats insane! In lithuania it cost around 0.90e per liter and still i think that it's expensive

Last edited:

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Brrrgrrrsrrvrrr.... why didn't my father spot a turboed car first then??? :) Why did he have to fall in love with a N/A :):)

no, not so much, 1E is 15,6EEK :) that makes maybe 0,8E or so, depends on the station ofcourse...

Last edited: