New lesson learned

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Torquey and responsive are definate words of description for it...

But *I* wouldn't classify them as actually being fast.

I do have to say I'm jealous of their responsiveness. :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
MKIII N00b said:
'02 +

Altima/Sentras are FAST!

nope. my friend's sr20DET swapped sentra se-r is quick. my car is quick (about 300rwhp). neither of them are FAST.

;)

-shaeff

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
MDCmotorsports said:
Its the alternate to a gutted turbo civic hatch.

the good alternative, now if there only the amount of companies that make turbo kits like they do for civics. then i could have a boosted 4dr grocery getter.

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm sorry, I may be wrong here, but I believe the SR-20 DE only came in the boxier verson SE-R. I don't believe the 2.0 in the newer body styles is an SR....most people think the last respectable SE-R was the boxy version. They can easily take the Bluebird- FWD version of the SR20DET, and can take about anything a silvia can. They are potent little machines if you know what you're doing. and yes, a MUCH cooler alternative than a civic. They are killer in the AUTO-X world (SE-R's)....

BTW, I'm refering to the boxier ones....the older SE-R's...the new ones are junk. and yeah...they are slow.

Only decent performance engine from nissan right now (in my opinion) is the VQ (3.5 V6)...which comes in the maxima and the 350Z (and some infiniti's) but yeah, nissan hasn't put a good 4 cylinder in the sentra for quite a few years.

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
Not to butt in about fast cars...:aigo:

Ok... I am not making this to sound cocky what so ever....

I own an 02 Maxima SE 6-Speed (VQ35)

I have raced both the 2.5 Altima, and the Sentra Spec V, and well ok maybe they have some pick-up to them... but *shakes head* I sorta find it funny a supra owner is having problems with an Altima... Again I don't want this to come off cocky, and I am not saying my Maxima is a track demon (never actually run it) but with H/I/E and some nice tires, Clutch / Flywheel and a new transmission, add all the nifty little names you want (SE-R Spec V) my SE will take them down...

ok, sorry i am tired, I just couldn't believe I read someone having problems with a 2.5 Altima or even a 3.5 Altima (then again My engine is obviously bigger, car may be a few hundred pounds more, and I have modifications) sorry I am done... :hide:

Nothing against you, just sorta confused me for a second (as no one on the maxima forums would ever mention losing to a Altima, unless of course it was heavily modified)

Ish

SM Pimp
Apr 5, 2005
Socal
He's probably talking about me and the altima story. I don't think I was racing him from the start but was trying to catch up to him after he took off on the green light. I wasn't able to catch up to him but its not fair to say that he won since I wasn't even trying at first, though I can say that I have beaten a 6th gen Maxima. :evil2:

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Id definately assume you were trying to steal it and charge you with a "tire checker" Toyota thieves should be killed. Honda thieves should be rewarded. :)
MKIII N00b said:
id be pissed as hell, but i just wanted to see if it would work.