New in Home Defence

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I think for home defense youd be better off with a normal shotgun. Unless you want to concean carry around your house for some reason lol.

Still a cool gun...

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
cool gun. I'd rather have this though.....

ser_shorty_big.jpg

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Smooth bore shotgun with a barrel under 18" is illegal. The beauty of the Judge is that it is legal everywhere because of the rifling. Hey, gun laws have rarely, if ever, been the product of common sense.

I think this thing is ideal for home defense, and if I could get my wife on board with buying another pistol I'd get one right now. You get the convenience of a handgun (i.e. fits nicely in a small gun safe in my closet, unlike a full sized shotgun), 000 buckshot is a deady round at close range even in .410, overpenetration into another room or a house is very unlikely, and you still have the benefit of being more likely to score a hit with multiple projectiles. I REALLY want one! :)

rocksdasox

May 1, 2007
Snohio
yeah and they are only about 400 bucks.. they cool thing is you can load multipul different rounds. maybe like 2 .410s to stop them and well you get the idea on the others.. you be "The Judge"...lol

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Cool revolver, I'm looking at getting a ex-SWAT breeching shotgun here soon.
breecher.JPG

12 ga. Mossberg, and it's just long enough to be considered a standard firearm and not require me to have to get Class III paperwork done. Saw/handled it at a gun show a couple weeks ago, really a nice gun and only $400.

Of course if you really wanna get ballsy... Here's an AR for only $1150, plus taxes and paperwork....Class III weapon.
rra223.JPG

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Shytheed Dumas said:
Smooth bore shotgun with a barrel under 18" is illegal. The beauty of the Judge is that it is legal everywhere because of the rifling. Hey, gun laws have rarely, if ever, been the product of common sense.

I think this thing is ideal for home defense, and if I could get my wife on board with buying another pistol I'd get one right now. You get the convenience of a handgun (i.e. fits nicely in a small gun safe in my closet, unlike a full sized shotgun), 000 buckshot is a deady round at close range even in .410, overpenetration into another room or a house is very unlikely, and you still have the benefit of being more likely to score a hit with multiple projectiles. I REALLY want one! :)

If the gun is for home defense itll never leave the house... If/when you have to use it to kill someone, getting a ticket or whatever for a sawed off shotgun will be the least of your worries.

I also never got the whole gun locked in the safe thing, how quick can you get in a safe when someone is in your home... 30 seconds to open a safe can be life/death.

/opinion

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
fstlane88 said:
Of course if you really wanna get ballsy... Here's an AR for only $1150, plus taxes and paperwork....Class III weapon.

Now wait, how can a ex-swat shotgun not be a class 3 weapon but a semi-auto ar is? :squint:

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
MDCmotorsports said:
If I broke into your house, and you had that to defend with -

YOU'D BE DEAD BEFORE YOU GOT A SHOT OFF.

;-)

You'd hope I would be dead before I shot off a shot otherwise you'll be missing a large chunk of whatever I shot at.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
Shytheed Dumas said:

Actually, that shotgun I posted is legal to own. Impactguns.com they have all the info for it on there.

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
Shytheed Dumas said:

Actually, that shotgun I posted is legal to own. Impactguns.com they have all the info for it on there.

Right of the website:

The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg Cruiser 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip. Because of this, the SUPER-SHORTY is considered an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and can be transferred with a $5 stamp! The gun holds two 2-3/4" or 3" (if you like pain) shells in the magazine, plus one in the chamber. The 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel and spring-loaded foregrip, which pivots out of the way when not in use, make for a very compact package.
If you like the idea of concealed carry with a 12-gauge, or like a lot of "bang" in a small package, or just like a lot of muzzle flash, then this is the gun for you.

Clueless said:
This is what you need...
steyr2pa.jpg

When you can effectively clear a room with that, you let me know. Not to mention the pissed of neighbors you'd have since the cannon you just fired went through about 5 other apartments.:3d_frown: Plus that looks to be a single shot one anyway.

rocksdasox

May 1, 2007
Snohio
fstlane88 i love your avatar!!
Hell all you need is a .50cal desert eagle.., one fuking round out of that thing and the intruder would break their own legs shitting themselves, not to mention you barely have to aim the thing, one hit anywhere, and your insurance company will have to send in hazmat to clean up the carnage.. look up desert eagle on youtube you'll see what i am talking about.. .50 Barret, gheesh i was talking about home protection, not camping out on the water tower

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
rocksdasox said:
fstlane88 i love your avatar!!
Hell all you need is a .50cal desert eagle.., one fuking round out of that thing and the intruder would break their own legs shitting themselves, not to mention you barely have to aim the thing, one hit anywhere, and your insurance company will have to send in hazmat to clean up the carnage.. look up desert eagle on youtube you'll see what i am talking about.. .50 Barret, gheesh i was talking about home protection, not camping out on the water tower

You're missing the point.

Unless you are the only person in the house, you live in the middle or no where, and you can controll that hand cannon....

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HIT SH!T

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
MDCmotorsports said:
You're missing the point.

Unless you are the only person in the house, you live in the middle or no where, and you can controll that hand cannon....

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HIT SH!T

More likely your going to hit the kid sleeping in the next room/house. You dont want high 'stopping' power. You want the spread of a shotgun, aim at the door and hit the person. The shotgun will spray so in the heat of the moment probaly in the dark, you dont have to think, just squeeze the trigger. The shotgun also wont pass through 5 walls and kill the neighbor kids. Also with a pump action you can pop off a few quick shots.

Oh also, any gun shot in a house is gonna be loud enough to make your ears ring. Doubt anyone will panic more over the sound of a DE than a 9mm in the same room. Loud at that point is just Loud.

rocksdasox

May 1, 2007
Snohio
that is my point, you don't exactly need to hit anyone to get the point accross, someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night, when that .50 lights up and blows everyone's ear drums....you could use a blank 1st to get the point across.. thats is why i started this thread about the "judge" .410 at 10 or less yards..nuff said