n8's mkIII

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
na70, that car is hardcore man. I'm pumped to see vids of it roasting rubber.

Great work, that's custom fabrication at its finest!

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
Keros said:
na70, that car is hardcore man. I'm pumped to see vids of it roasting rubber.

Great work, that's custom fabrication at its finest!

since i have no updates... here's the new shop tech's car...

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
alright my shop is getting busier so i'm in the market for a matched pair of turbos that will support a minimum of 600hp each. so if any of you guys have any recomendations or know of someone selling a pair, or even know of someone that has them sittin' in their garage and might sell let me know. i am not very interested in buying them one at a time unless you guys have an idea up your sleeves. see i don't wanna get stuck w./something i can't get a mate for.

awhile back i was thinkin 2 t-4 60-1 cuz they were cheap on the 'ol ebay (3-400 bux), but they have since dried up. see my idea was to get them on there cheaply and upgrade when necessary, or when my needs increased. since they were t4 framed and seemed to be able to support @ 625hp. please help.

of course a good deal on anything that will support anything over 400hp each will be fine for what i'm doing at first, but they will need to be upgraded by the fall so slow66 can get a good view of my personalised MA70TT WI licence plate by 3/4 track. ; )

since i have no updates on my supra and i like to give you guys somethin when i post here, here's a civic i tuned today. it's a '92-5 civic hatch w./a stock internal honda crv 2.0 block, integra vtec head, ebay turbo kit at @ 8lbs of boost. it made a consistant 312hp/240lbft, all under 6,000rpm. not bad imo. i used the simple crome ecu stuff for management. i was seriously impressed.

sorry i didn't get better video. : ( we were so damn busy i just had no time. i didn't even get the cam out for the second car we tuned today...

o ye, whoever hooks me up w./a pair gets to name them. i was thinkin' somethin' like bonnie and clyde, but i'm totally open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Im tellin ya man, 2 61mm t4's with a p-trim and a .68 turbine a/r would have that thing screamin at the top end and spooling like a bastard!! :)

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
too rich for my blood (at least 'till the civic sells). the best deal i can find is $725.00 each so far...

that is what i have my eye on tho, tubonetics has somethin' in just that size.

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
well, still can't afford giant turbos : (, but things are lookin' up here... gonna take my civic to the waukesha swap meet in hopes of a cash sale sunday...

anyway, since my part buyin' budget has been low i have been researching my engine build a bit more seriously, and i have made some recent ebay purchases. first to arrive (today) were these aluminum lt1 heads. they are '93+lt1's w./53cc combustion chambers, reverse flow cooling, etc...

p618710_1.jpg

p618710_2.jpg

i didn't take pics of the new stainless manifolds for some reason...

i set the heads on my old 4 bolt 400 block that came out of my '86 4wd toyota pickup (took the 400 out and put a 305 in before i sold it). i plan to put the eagle 8:1 forged rotating assy in the 4 bolt 400 for sure! not sure on displacement just yet tho (custom crank'd sub 300cu.in.=lotsa revs?), thinkin' de-stroker 300cu.in.=9,000+rpm... next to show up is a complete '95 lt1 intake w./injectors, rails, reg, t.b., etc... i'm gonna have lt1intakes.com do the mods so i can use it w./my gen1 block/lt1 setup, and i have already researched the required head mods needed to use everything on the gen1 400 block. this of course should get along well w./two properly sized turbos...

random pic.
p618710_3.jpg

this is my old shop truck (upgraded to a lowered big block crew cab dually last fall). i was thinkin' about takin' the l98 out of it and putting the forged rotating assy' in it for the supra, but i think tpi is just a lil' out dated... anyway, peeled all the shop vinyl off today so it can go up for sale soon. if anyone is lookin' for a nicely done truck let me know, it will go cheap.

i'll get some pics of the new manifolds up soon.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Slow66 said:
p618828_1.jpg

vs.

p618828_2.jpg

grudgematch???

:)
That is awesome!!!

I dunno how I missed this thread... Awesome job, great work...

BTW: Ma70, if you need to sell anything in the F/S, let me know... Also, if you need parts, we have a WTB section, just post up, people are always lookin there to sell thier stuff... As for the turbo hook up, PM me, I'll tell you where you MAY be able to get a good deal on a pair...

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
nothin' new, just random pics

p634734_1.jpg

p634734_2.jpg

p634734_3.jpg

p634734_4.jpg

p634734_5.jpg

just read that Hot Rod magazine's Drag Week is going to be held near me this year (IL, WI, IA) sept 9th-14th, so i am gonna try like hell to be there..

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I saw your car on the black supras thread, but I missed this one. Great job you're doing here. Should be interesting. Should be an interesting race between you and slow. Keep the pictures coming!!!!!

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
SupraOfDoom said:
Wisconsin huh!? Cool.

hoping to make Hot Rod's Drag Week III in sept. in the pro street category as a rookie (slow???) then its on for the S2K7 tour to vegas... gauranteed postage...

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
ye, i checked w./my turbonetics supplier, your hook up, and a place az that has pecision stuff. they are all right around $715.00 each. but i am def going to be right around a pair of 62mm t4's w.68 a/r, slightly larger is probably gonna be the way i wanna go. that way i can reach my 1,500hp goal this year.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Glad you got a chance to look into those... If there is anythin I can do, put in a word for ya or anything to help ya with your goal, just let me know...

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
still hopin' my civic sells soon... when that happens its on like donkey kong!!!

first order of business after a sale is ordering the turbos & forged rotating assy, then fab'ing all the piping, x-members, exhaust, etc... from there it should be pretty much simple stuff.

i practiced some more tig welding aluminum today on a customers custom evo 8 intercooler, changed the end tanks and tig'd a few brackets on. it turned out pretty well/i'm getting better every time i do it. i have an engineer friend of my dad's stopping by tomorrow night to teach me more about the process. so i should be pretty damn proficient by the end of the week.

i guess i may need to get it up to nhra's current 25.2-25.5 specs for this Hot Rod drag week event. if anyone has the requirements let me know so i can comply w./them... i'd hate to get denied entry because i had the wrong door bar angle or something.

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
haven't been on here in awhile...

almost gave up on the ol' supra there for a minute. was looking at a tube chassis '67 chevelle on ebay (got outbid by $50.00).

o well. so we are back at it here in hot and muggy madison wi. w./progress. i'll post pics in a sec.

my biggest concern w./this build has turned out to be what i thought would be the least of my worries. the damn engine. no-one (engine builders) wants to do what i am asking for. i thought it would be plain and simple, but every machine shop i talk to wants to go about it a differrent way, a couple days ago one of the local machine shop owners said if im not gonna run 50lbs of boost why bother building it... so i think i'm just gonna buy the rotating assy and tell them to put it together my way. i don't need some unstreetable 3,000hp race only car, i want a 1,200-1,500hp multi purpose car that can be driven&raced anywhere, reliably.

last nights progress, in reverse order...
p685592_1.jpg

p685592_2.jpg

p685592_3.jpg

p685592_4.jpg

p685592_5.jpg

p685592_6.jpg

not bad for my first time playin w./sheet metal...

Emik87t

GameOver
May 30, 2007
Iowa
i really like the way that thing sits. ive always wanted to see a mk3 drag car and that one looks pretty damn good.